+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3733118;
    OK, so I don't get the squeamishness surrounding a colonoscopy. It's just one of those things that everybody needs to do...like having bloodwork every so often. No biggie.
    Well, for a lot people it's just the idea of an anal probe...but in reality the real drag is the day before...the "prep" drink (yes, salt water flavored with lemon still tastes like salt water) and pills and the quality time in the bathroom. Plus of course basically 2 days off work. In real life you have zero memory of the the probing part. One minute you are starting anesthesia and the next you are awake.
    I think part of the focus on men in people's minds migth date back to Katie Couric's husband....there was so much news about how his life might have been saved if only he'd had one that the association between men and colon cancer got formed for many. At least I hope it's that---I'd hate to think many women don't know the difference between the prostate and colon! Well, I guess you insert things in the same place to examine them.... Maybe that's also part of the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3733118;
    OK, so I don't get the squeamishness surrounding a colonoscopy. It's just one of those things that everybody needs to do...like having bloodwork every so often. No biggie.
    I agree with you prhoshay, if you thought her mentioning it on the show was bad I am pretty sure that Tyra Banks showed a woman getting one on her show so try that one for awkward.

What did yall think of the Neely's on the show the other day? I think they are so fun to watch and there food is ALWAYS good! Also what did everyone think of Elisabeth's clothing line? I thought it was pretty cute myself.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

yes, the prep is the absolute worse. And just think, you are given that jug to drink and the pills to take and it is the same whether you weigh300 lbs or 100 lbs. I happen to weigh 103 and I was throwing up the last 1/4 of that jug. The "probe" part was easy other than the IV stick

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3735684;
    yes, the prep is the absolute worse. And just think, you are given that jug to drink and the pills to take and it is the same whether you weigh300 lbs or 100 lbs. I happen to weigh 103 and I was throwing up the last 1/4 of that jug. The "probe" part was easy other than the IV stick
    thats my point at least they did not do all that on the show or actually show one that could be a bit much for late morning TV. But again nothing wrong with her talking about it. Sherri's comments just proved that many women are not as educated about this as they should so it was a teaching moment.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

I don't think there's anything wrong with it either--I just don't think it worked very well as the very FIRST thing out of her mouth.

It's an impprtant topic--but it needs a little preparation--not just jumpig right into it without any warning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3735684;
    I'm so glad to see someone else is saying this. I weighed less than 100 pounds when I had mine done, and I asked my doctor why I had to drink the same amount as a big guy 2-3 times my weight. He acted like I was ridiculous to question it (or maybe he never thought about it). I definitely think the amount should be geared toward one's size. Seems like they could also change the formulation to be more palatable. Oh, and I "woke up" in the middle of my procedure, too! (Hope this does not discourage anyone from getting a colonoscopy if you need one. I'm the only person I know who woke up during it.)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3735790;
    I'm so glad to see someone else is saying this. I weighed less than 100 pounds when I had mine done, and I asked my doctor why I had to drink the same amount as a big guy 2-3 times my weight. He acted like I was ridiculous to question it (or maybe he never thought about it). I definitely think the amount should be geared toward one's size. Seems like they could also change the formulation to be more palatable. Oh, and I "woke up" in the middle of my procedure, too! (Hope this does not discourage anyone from getting a colonoscopy if you need one. I'm the only person I know who woke up during it.)
    They did ask my weight before I got my anesthesia (definitely more than 100 lbs.!), and I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to be calibrated to weight. Maybe they were really worried about overdosing you. But yikes!
    Re the vomit response...my sig. other also had that response by the end. I managed to get it all down, but definitely felt queasy by the end. Making it early and really chilling it, plus using ice cubes in the glass (which you could also suck on to get the taste off your tongue) definitely helped on that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really hate Whoopi's "whooping" when they first come out on the stage. It's ridiculously stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I haven't watched the show in awhile but I see nothing's changed much. Barbara still NEVER SHUTS UP!!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3736422;
    I really hate Whoopi's "whooping" when they first come out on the stage. It's ridiculously stupid.

Thanks so much for saying that!

It was stupid the first time she did it. It has now beyond annoying.

Enough!!

+ Reply to Thread