+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I know that Sherri is short, wanting to add to her height, but the 4-5 inch heels that she likes to wear look ridiculous on her. It throws her already out-of-proportion body into some kind of painful looking ugly alighment...or misalignment...plus the shoes then look like there is about an inch of space at the back of them, as if she is wearing someone else's shoes. :nono As the saying goes, "Just because they make them in your size doesn't mean that they are FOR you."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3731866;
    Well I couldn't stay away and watched the first few minutes of the show hoping against hope that maybe a THIRD baby would calm EH down.

Nope.

And I finally changed the channel when Sherri--who now thinks that SHE knows everything--kept declaring that the Balloon Hoax "cost $14,000" for search planes etc.

Gosh Sherri--it's been on all newscasts over and over again that the cost--including all the police officer man hours and closing down Denver International Airport was over TWO MILLION dollars.

And nobody corrected her.

Bleeeeeh.

ETA--for anyone who didn't watch and might think that they "missed something"--EH's big contribution to the show was the story of how she took a cellphone pix of her new baby's huge smile and sent it out to everyone on her contact list--and then wehn she looked at the photo saw that she had included her own nipple in the photo.Of course she had to tell us everyone who was on her contact list.

See what you missed?

NADA.
    OK, no fan of EH's but that is a funny story, especially given how sort of proper she is... I'm surprised she told it on herself.

I cringed when BW started on how she was not on Monday's show because she was having a colonoscopy.

I couldn't believe it when she looked to the audience and asked, "Do you all know what a colonoscopy is?" No, Babs, do tell!

But then I practically fell out of the chair when SS stated that she thought ONLY men needed to have colonoscopies. Whoopie looked at her and gently said, "A colon is a colon!"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3732956;
    I cringed when BW started on how she was not on Monday's show because she was having a colonoscopy.

I couldn't believe it when she looked to the audience and asked, "Do you all know what a colonoscopy is?" No, Babs, do tell!

But then I practically fell out of the chair when SS stated that she thought ONLY men needed to have colonoscopies. Whoopie looked at her and gently said, "A colon is a colon!"
    I don't actually object to Babs telling the audience this. Surprisingly, there are a lot of women who think the same way (colonoscopies are for men, mammograms are for women), and both genders should be made aware that they are not. So ladies, go get yourself scoped .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3732956;

MamaC--hi. I missed that Sherri said that. She is showing herself to be even less informed than EH. Which is a prett sad state of affairs. Why should we pay attention to anything she says?

About BW's colonoscopy.

Although I think it is worthwhile--a possibly lifesaving--to publicize regular colonoscopies for everyone--

--I found it highly distasteful that it was the FIRST thing she said--and the very FIRST thing to be discussed.

I've worked in hospital morgues and labs so I am far from squeamish--but man--it was such a turn off to be hit with that as the very first thing said that I indeed did turn the show off.

I am having more ad more trouble coming up with any reason to watch this show.

OK, so I don't get the squeamishness surrounding a colonoscopy. It's just one of those things that everybody needs to do...like having bloodwork every so often. No biggie.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3732667;
    OK, no fan of EH's but that is a funny story, especially given how sort of proper she is... I'm surprised she told it on herself.
    It was a lot funnier a dozen or so years ago when it happened to Elaine on Seinfeld.
    Elisabeth, not so much, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Lordy! Lordy! Sherri is such a special case, the jokes just write themselves. She couldn't even say 'salacious' correctly.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3733118;
    OK, so I don't get the squeamishness surrounding a colonoscopy. It's just one of those things that everybody needs to do...like having bloodwork every so often. No biggie.
    I work at a hospital so we'll free discuss this and worse first thing in the morning.

I think the word 'selicious' has come from a long time in celibacy, I suspect. Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.

+ Reply to Thread