+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

This show is turning into a real mess.

They talk about so many things they have no idea about!

Today they were doing the obligatory bit about Dancing With the Stars and the talk turned to a comment the judges made last night about Gilles Marini from last season.

When Whoopi asked who he was Sherri said--"Giles was that little Italian guy."

Gilles is French--and he's tall and she pronounced his name With a hard "g" as though it were American when it is French and pronounced with a soft G.

In other words--she had NO idea what she was talking about and slandered a gorgeous guy who is well known as a terrific dancer.

Bleeeh.

Anymore I am less and less inclined to watch this show at all.

I wasn't paying too much attention to that segment, but I thought they were talking about how the judges came down hard on the guy...comparing him to Gilles. But the "little Italian guy" they were referring to was Bruno, not Gilles (who isn't little nor Italian).

I remember when they were talking about last season's DWTS, both EH and SS were always mispronouncing Gilles' name. Pay attention ladies!

RE the vaccinations....I agree that the experts rarely get to say much. What I found fascinating was when the expert mentioned how older folks need to get updated vaccines. BW seemed surprised by this. Even when he said tetanus, she was surprised. It is scary how little they really know.

I think I read somewhere that EH is coming back next week.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3726804;
    I laugh about this because at my job the dress code is that we HAVE to wear panty hose with any open toed shoes including sandals.
    LOL - really? I thought my place was bad enough not letting us wear any thong type of sandal, even if it is dressy. They don't seem to care whether or not our toes or covered though...hehehe
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3727284;
    I wasn't paying too much attention to that segment, but I thought they were talking about how the judges came down hard on the guy...comparing him to Gilles. But the "little Italian guy" they were referring to was Bruno, not Gilles (who isn't little nor Italian).

I remember when they were talking about last season's DWTS, both EH and SS were always mispronouncing Gilles' name. Pay attention ladies!

RE the vaccinations....I agree that the experts rarely get to say much. What I found fascinating was when the expert mentioned how older folks need to get updated vaccines. BW seemed surprised by this. Even when he said tetanus, she was surprised. It is scary how little they really know.

I think I read somewhere that EH is coming back next week.

MamaC--hi. I'm gong to disagree with you about who they were talking about--because Joy asked--"Who is Gilles?" and Sherri said "GIL is the little Italian guy."

Whoopi has admitted that she does NOT watch Dancing with the stars--except for any portions they want her to talk about on the View--I widsh the rest of them would admit to that too.

And maybe that ABC would not force them to talk about something that they have no clue about.

Which--of course--would include a lot of their "hot topics."

At least they'd sound less idiotic.

Sherri mispronounced Gilles name all season last year too, always calling him Giles. It made me wonder at the time, and still, whether she really watches the show all the time like she says she does.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Lil Bit--oh I remember that now! yes--I do wonder about ehr level of actual experience with the show.

At least Whoopi is honest about not watching except the snippets she has to see in order to talk about it on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3727387;
    MamaC--hi. I'm gong to disagree with you about who they were talking about--because Joy asked--"Who is Gilles?" and Sherri said "GIL is the little Italian guy."

Whoopi has admitted that she does NOT watch Dancing with the stars--except for any portions they want her to talk about on the View--I widsh the rest of them would admit to that too.

And maybe that ABC would not force them to talk about something that they have no clue about.

Which--of course--would include a lot of their "hot topics."

At least they'd sound less idiotic.

yeah - one of the judges tried to tell Aaron he needed to dance/emote more like Gilles Marini - (or as Sheri Called him - Jiles, the naked guy from Sex and the City)
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3727284;
    ...the "little Italian guy" they were referring to was Bruno, not Gilles (who isn't little nor Italian).

Boy! Sherri gets on my last nerve! No, wait. . . that would be Elizabeth!! No, wait. . . that would be Barbara!!! :

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3729071;
    Boy! Sherri gets on my last nerve! No, wait. . . that would be Elizabeth!! No, wait. . . that would be Barbara!!! :
    I try to watch but every time I do they say something really dumb and instead of getting upset at their apparent stupidity I just change the channel.

Yesterday I couldn't stand Cara What's-her-name and her nasty in-your-face attittude.

I really do think they have tried to get "replacements" for EH that simulated her own brand of uneducated shrillness.

I had to keep checking back so I did get to see Gilles--but then the women just had to make so many (embarrassing) comments that they didn't give HIM a chance to talk.

What a mess.

I swear Sheri is trying to channel Starr Jones - it's not working.....she was awful yesterday.

yup Wind Dancer - I wanted to hear from Gilles, not the ladies shouting over each other.....

terrible, terrible show yesterday - if not for Gilles I would've skipped it. Not really a Tina Fey fan, but that lady is tiny, tiny, tiny!!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread