+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1982Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Oh goody! The Crypt-Keeper is on today!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3720297;
    However this is the only account that is liquid--IE--that money can be withdrawn from. So the fact that there is almost no money in it would mean that she could not pay the monthly bills--like the mortgage.
    everyone keeps saying the 'liquid' accts.....just the fact that there is other money (if in fact Jon left her with only $1000 is true) somewhere doesn't mean it can't be tapped into......may take a day or so, but any investments can be turned into cash at any time.

I hate how Kate is milking this whole scenario for maximum affect/attention.

And I hate how Jon is handling this as well.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

i watched that Today show excerpt on Hulu

and from her mouth she gave me the impression that that is basically ALL the money the had $231k (anything else was in a childrens account that they can't touch)

she used the term "liquid"; she said that she can't pay her mortgage and buy food

she said that TLC will honor requests be either of them to halt the show if they felt that it was causing problems for the kids or whatever, thats why it is on hiatus from production

so basically it was a pity party IMO

i don't care what anybody says, if each of them were making $75k per episode.. they should have more money in the bank than $231k

I hate it when Babs tries to explain to Whoopi and Sherri why african american women do what they do...today being straightening their hair. I love how she said it was to be more white and Whoopi shut her down saying it was to make it manageable. Then Babs tried again to talk about how black women want to be white bringing up the Jacksons and Sherri shot her down. That woman drives me nuts.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3720940;
    I hate it when Babs tries to explain to Whoopi and Sherri why african american women do what they do...today being straightening their hair. I love how she said it was to be more white and Whoopi shut her down saying it was to make it manageable. Then Babs tried again to talk about how black women want to be white bringing up the Jacksons and Sherri shot her down. That woman drives me nuts.
    i happened to watch today

Barbara just wasn't comprehending , because she said it multiple times. Any other white person that *might* have kept dwelling on that "Trying to look like white people..." point might have been called the dreaded *R* word

and then later Joy made some comment to Chris, (i don't remember exactly what is was but i remember it bugged me; i think Chris made a facial expression at that time)

Whoopi made me laugh when she brought out a hot comb, because i remember it well, my sisters got the Hot Comb treatment straight from the burner w/ the Royal Crown burnt earlobes house smelled like crispy hair...

So, visually I'm white (actually bi-racial but pass for white without question). I have wavy hair. I straighten it (albeit without chemicals). What am I trying to be according to her? I'm already "white." I am "white." I just want to be able to manage my hair especially on humid days.

I think the most honest comment was the one made by Chris Rock. Something to the effect that women compete with other women.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I saw Chris Rock on Oprah discussing his hair movie and they discussed how women of all types do something to their to look "different." And to stand out even if it makes them look more like the crowd. And I don't believe Barabara is a super natural blond either. She's no different than any other woman.

I was thinking the other day as my mom was talking about this show and catching it. I told her I haven't caught it in a long time because I would rather watch anything than all of them bickering all the time. But I was thinking about the good they could do to discuss issues that women face and so forth or commonalities of struggles they identify with etc. Instead it's just talking over each other and bickering. It would just be nice to see something productive. Granted I don't watch a lot but I hated watching any of them interview. And hated the hot topics segments since Meredith left and even before than since Lisa left.

I'm glad Whoopi shut her down, seriously babs, stay home.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3721596;
    I'm glad Whoopi shut her down, seriously babs, stay home.
    Oh, but did you see the eyeroll Whoops gave her? LOL Absolutely priceless.

Babs has no clue. She kept going on and on about how she didn't understand how black women could possibly want to relax their hair knowing that it damages the scalp. She kept droning on and on about this until someone (I think it was Sherri) finally said (in a very clipped tone, I might add - Go Sherri...lol) something to the effect that white/other women use Botox knowingly allowing botchillism (sp?) to be injected into their skin, so how is putting chemicals on the hair any worse than that?

What an irritant Babs is. She kept trying to turn the topic of conversation into a 'black women trying to be white' issue when in fact, that is not the issue.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread