+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3714774;
    Okaaay--if that is the case, then I pity the guy that comes between Sean and his mama.
    , or make that TRIES to come between them.

Re Roman P.--if this were a long ago case of burglary with no violence and he's lived a burglary free life since I'd say they had a point about letting it go, but people who drug and sodomize 13 year olds don't usually just do it once. Who knows what has been happening in France? He's a child molester--I doubt if it was a one time event.

Wow, Babs is pretty pissy about the Letterman story today.
    She's trying to rudely shut down all discussion of it, as if she didn't even want it to be a Hot Topic.
    Lisa Ling (so good to have her back, if only for a day), Joy and Sherri have all tried to make interesting points and Babs was rude to all of them.
    She made it very clear she did not want to discuss it further after the break and sure enough when they came back she curtly said that they'd decided they'd discussed it enough.
    She quite obviously shut the discussion down and they're now chatting on the phone with Kate Gosselin.
    Babs pulled rank.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I bruised my chin when it slammed onto the desk from Kate revealing that a TON of money had been removed from their joint bank account...allegedly, by Jon!! Kate states that there was over $200,000 in the account, but now there is only about $1,000 in the account. WOW!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Babs called a halt to the Kate discussion too just as Lisa said there must be another way for Kate to make money than continuing to have her children filmed during their parent's divorce.
    Babs is killing the show today.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3718531;
    Babs called a halt to the Kate discussion too just as Lisa said there must be another way for Kate to make money than continuing to have her children filmed during their parent's divorce.
    Babs is killing the show today.
    She sure is!!! I wanted to hear what Kate's answer would be to Lisa had that discussion continued. Lisa is right.... there are many other ways to make money other than child exploitation. Everyone seems to pussyfoot around Kate and her pity party. I thought the "I miss you" said by Kate when she was first speaking on the phone was phoney as heck. Enough with the Gosselins.... the parents turn my stomach.

And yes, Babs shut down both the negative talk about Kate and about David Letterman. I thought Joy's point about Dave cheating on his girlfriend was a valid..... not "none of your business" as Bab stated. Biased much?

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3713847;
    I normally agree with Whoopi but I was really appalled by her attitude about Roman Polanski. I have to say I'm with Sherri on this one. A 44 year old man give my 13 year old daughter champagne and drugs and then have sex with her? Well, let's just say, I'd be the one in jail.
    and he would no longer be living, or would at least be severly maimed.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 10-05-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;3718560;
    She sure is!!! I wanted to hear what Kate's answer would be to Lisa had that discussion continued. Lisa is right.... there are many other ways to make money other than child exploitation. Everyone seems to pussyfoot around Kate and her pity party. I thought the "I miss you" said by Kate when she was first speaking on the phone was phoney as heck. Enough with the Gosselins.... the parents turn my stomach.

And yes, Babs shut down both the negative talk about Kate and about David Letterman. I thought Joy's point about Dave cheating on his girlfriend was a valid..... not "none of your business" as Bab stated. Biased much?
    Babs is just kissing their asses and trying to save face just in case she plans to ask them to be on her "Ten Most Fascinating People of the Year" special. (which, as usual, I won't be watching) I'm sure she'll have Kate on her show this year.

And I didn't get to see the show today, but for considering that Babs has been prying into celebrities private lives by asking them personal questions on her "Barbara Walters Special" show for years, for her to state that Dave's private life is "none of your business" is BEYOND hypocritical. But of course, since she's above everyone else and is such a "humble" lengendary journalist, she can get away with this sort of thing. Pfft...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;3718560;

I agree...about everything.

Also...

Kate, talking about working at McDonalds, only added to her pity party. Heck, she's a nurse. She can do a heck of a lot better than working at a sandwich shop. It's time Jon and Kate to take discussions about their impending divorce off various tv shows, end the show, and for those darling children to get on with their lives without cameras in their face. In that, ITA with Jon. I think Kate loves the fame. Too bad her 15 minutes are almost up.

It's clear Barbara must be a close friend to David Letterman. She sure didn't want that conversation to continue. Heck, I agreed with Joy, Sherri, and Lisa but, must admit, loved watching Barbara squirm. hee

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3718526;
    I bruised my chin when it slammed onto the desk from Kate revealing that a TON of money had been removed from their joint bank account...allegedly, by Jon!! Kate states that there was over $200,000 in the account, but now there is only about $1,000 in the account. WOW!
    w/o even watching, i keep wondering why those people are even relevent

anyways... it's a JOINT account so technically he not stealing anything

two, they should have way more than that in their indiv accts (assuming they have money spread out) considering they've both made millions

3rd, why is she on tv telling people that

school me because i don't understand why america needs to know all this

and why NOW would she NOT do the show, concern of the children didn't seem to bother them before

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3718607;
    I agree...about everything.

Also...

Kate, talking about working at McDonalds, only added to her pity party. Heck, she's a nurse. She can do a heck of a lot better than working at a sandwich shop. It's time Jon and Kate to take discussions about their impending divorce off various tv shows, end the show, and for those darling children to get on with their lives without cameras in their face. In that, ITA with Jon. I think Kate loves the fame. Too bad her 15 minutes are almost up.

It's clear Barbara must be a close friend to David Letterman. She sure didn't want that conversation to continue. Heck, I agreed with Joy, Sherri, and Lisa but, must admit, loved watching Barbara squirm. hee
    McDonalds ?

did she actually say that?

and as far as Letterman... the way it works is that w/ these hollywood types you have to protect your friends and attack you enemies

Letterman is lame though, so i don't even see the point of talking about him, DL owns his show and CBS would not stop broadcasting his show, so the whole DL gossip is basically irrelovent

+ Reply to Thread