+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Polanski is getting a pity party! Some people actually think that its not really a crime to drug and sodomize a 13 year old! So what if she forgave him--so what if he is this great director--so what if his famous wife was murdered 40 years ago!! If he had stayed and done his time, he would have been free for years by now.

Agree with above. Polanski is a predator and should pay for his crime. His victim forgiving him is far more likely about her peace of mind and ability to move on then it is about him. Not only is he the worst kind of predator, one who preys on children, but he's also a coward fleeing the country to escape the consequences. This man doesn't deserve respect or accolades of any kind in my opinion.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Never saw the View so I didn't witness Whoopi's comments firsthand, but I did see clips of Debra Winger talking about the horrible injustice that is being done to Polanski. And now I hear Whoopi is backing him also? Frankly, I'd be ashamed to be associated with, let alone, defend a child rapist. So because this Polanski character allegedly makes great films, we're supposed to not only overlook, but also condone his criminal behaviour? I think not.

Whoopi always seems to take the contrary view on certain issues. Almost makes me wonder if she's being contrary just for the sake of being contrary? Either way, I find it disgusting that anyone would portray Polanski as some sort of victim. I don't care how many years have passed. A crime is a crime. And even though one may escape the law for years it doesn't mean we should overlook such crimes just because a few decades have passed.

What did Sherri and Joy have to say about Polanski being captured?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was watching the other day during this discussion and Whoopi was not trying to defend him at all she just wanted to make sure we had all the facts about the situation before they started saying things that might not have been all together true. And I do agree that I think sometimes I think she plays devils advocate so to speak which I dont see as a bad thing at all but helps further the discussion.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I don't feel she defended Polanski, eiither.
    I think she goes out of her way to try to present all sides in a situation.

As far as the situation with Suzanne Somers, Whoopi felt that Suzanne was intimating that Patrick could have survived his cancer if only he'd followed Suzanne's own beliefs. Whoopi felt that Patrick had done all he could to stave off the cancer and I think she felt that Suzanne was just pouring salt in the wound.

I like Gloria Estefan, but a Talk show like this does not seem to be her forte. She was just boring, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3714082;

What did Sherri and Joy have to say about Polanski being captured?
    They both agreed that it was rape and he needed to be punished.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Stupid Barbara is on today. She really sucks the life out of that show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yoko Ono is on today--is her son still attached by the umbilical cord? i never see him without her. I pity the girl that marries Sean.....I dont see why they are even on The View. If it wasnt for John Lennon, we'd be asking Yoko who??

Love Whoopi's boots but dear God, what is she wearing?! It looks like a mutation between a trench coat and some really ugly drapes. It's almost enough to distract from that hideous orange necklace that is hanging around Joy's neck, clashing with her hair.

I pity the girl that marries Sean.....
    I might be wrong, but I get a strong gay vibe from Sean Lennon.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Okaaay--if that is the case, then I pity the guy that comes between Sean and his mama.

+ Reply to Thread