+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree975Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Is Sept. 14 when the new shows begin?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was wondering the same thing, shay.

I have no idea what Kate could possibly add to the table. All she does is talk about herself and her life! Can you see her piping in on a discussion about politics?

I cannot see her sitting there while a real guest is on or asking said guest anything of importance. With her, it is all about me, me, me!

Also read today that Ron and Patti Blagoyovich are also slated to be fill-ins (together) for EH's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3680380;
    I was wondering the same thing, shay.

I have no idea what Kate could possibly add to the table. All she does is talk about herself and her life! Can you see her piping in on a discussion about politics?

I cannot see her sitting there while a real guest is on or asking said guest anything of importance. With her, it is all about me, me, me!

Also read today that Ron and Patti Blagoyovich are also slated to be fill-ins (together) for EH's seat.
    Well, I'm looking forward to Megan McCain co-hosting.
    I think some of the rest of these people are just Mr. Geddie's way of making us appreciate Elisabeth when she returns.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I for one will not be watching while that Kate woman is on. It's hard enough to watch this show sometimes without adding her into the mix

Are you serious about the Blagoaviches?? Really how desperate are they for ratings? I know their ratings are continuing to drop, but really, how low can you go?
    Last edited by Duckyface; 08-27-2009 at 08:12 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I sure hope that Joy will take a crack at Kate when she appears. I am SO sick of her 'poor little me, I have to do it all by myself' routine.

And I thought that Kate had custody of the kids during the week. Who will be watching her kids while she is in NYC?

Kate's going to be busy in September.

She has a speaking engagement in Cleveland, OH on 9/11. Then the View on the 14th and 15th, and then Charlotte, NC, on the 17th. On the 24th, she will be in Birmingham, AL.

My guess is that Jon-boy is going to be at the big house watching the children while she and Steve are traveling. Or else he will not be allowed, per Kate, to see the children and they will be tended to by the not-a-nannies.

Once she returns from her travels, she will most likely be home on a weekend so Jon-boy can play with his friends and get back on the covers of the rags.

I actually read the comments on the ABC View site. Out of over 250 posts, there were only about FIVE posts that approved of Kate's appearance on the View in September. Many, many people are not pleased and say they will not only not watch on the 14th and 15th, but will no longer be watching the View again.

On one of the entertainment news shows last night, they mentioned that both Jon and Kate were on hand to take the tups to their first day of "junior kindergarten" and were both very civil to each other. I hope so, for the childrens' sake.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3682745;
    Kate's going to be busy in September.

She has a speaking engagement in Cleveland, OH on 9/11. Then the View on the 14th and 15th, and then Charlotte, NC, on the 17th. On the 24th, she will be in Birmingham, AL.

My guess is that Jon-boy is going to be at the big house watching the children while she and Steve are traveling. Or else he will not be allowed, per Kate, to see the children and they will be tended to by the not-a-nannies.

Once she returns from her travels, she will most likely be home on a weekend so Jon-boy can play with his friends and get back on the covers of the rags.

I actually read the comments on the ABC View site. Out of over 250 posts, there were only about FIVE posts that approved of Kate's appearance on the View in September. Many, many people are not pleased and say they will not only not watch on the 14th and 15th, but will no longer be watching the View again.

On one of the entertainment news shows last night, they mentioned that both Jon and Kate were on hand to take the tups to their first day of "junior kindergarten" and were both very civil to each other. I hope so, for the childrens' sake.
    I rank Jon & Kate right down there with Octomom.

And the very saddest thing (next to the children not having loving, caring parents) is that due to public concern (justified) about the poor children, those parents (who should never have been allowed to breed) will continue to make a financial killing and attempt to satisfy their addiction to "fame" and attention. And, obviously, they are not good role models for their children, and they exploit their children to make the money to support them, the parents.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Kate co-hosting doesn't really surprise me.
    The standards on The View are very low.
    Aside from Babs, none of them has a journalistc background or much experience on broadcast tv, let alone live tv.
    A stint on reception for GMA, hosting a low-budget fashion show and a couple of sitcoms doesn't qualify you for this sort of gig, imo.

As much as Babs likes to think of the show as a news source for the viewers, there's clearly no requirement to research, or be in possession of the facts before stating your opinion. If they get things wrong, they rarely bother to correct themselves, because then they're an entertainment show. Trying to have the best of both worlds.

Apparently there's a sign backstage urging the panel to "make sparks". I really think this is all Bill Geddie wants of them.
    Get some buzz around the show, get the evening entertainment shows to pay attention. They have three comedians and an (imo) rather emotionally suspect, ex-reality show contestant on the panel.
    Kate subbing for Elisabeth isn't that much of a stretch really.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-30-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I agree, Fluff. It speaks volumes that credible journalists Lisa Ling and Meredith Viera left to pursue their careers elsewhere. Their professionalism and integrity were not needed on The View. Hiring someone whose claim to fame was as a reality show contestant simply because she's a Republican, fit the demographic, and is impressively shrill and verbose was the beginning of the end for me.

I am so finished with this show.

Khate minus 8 is the final straw.

Much as I don't like Drew Carey as host I will be watching The Price is Right

+ Reply to Thread