+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

Between Bawa and Elizatwit, I have not been taping this show much lately. I did tape Friday's show because it was about Julia Child.

My, Bawa gave SUCH an awkward announcement at the top of the show about Elizatwit and the fact that by the time the show was aired, she may have had her baby. This woman has been paid HOW MUCH a year for her communications skills? Please, Bawa, retire and rest on your millions. Give someone else a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3652843;
    I agree and was I the only one who got the impression that Sherri would immediately do a Cookie Monster immitation and put all the weight back on? I just don't know what that segment of Sherri loosing weight was supposed to prove. The ONLY successful way to keep weight off is lifetime change, not temporary diet loss. You have to CHANGE you idea of your favorite foods. Yo yo eating only adds to the problem. Kudos to Sherri for loosing the weight, awful for Getty, etc. to provide the foods for the obvious "pig out" to come.
    Yep, I also caught the nylons and either the swimsuit was most probably "tummy control" type, but SHE felt good about herself and she lost the weight. She has a challenging body type (squarish build) and an uresolved food addiction, imo.
    I get the impression Sherri pitched the swimsuit idea, but as usual it was horribly botched by the show, imo.

The point wasn't to show how a balanced diet and exercise can help you lose weight, the point was to get Sherri into a suit. IIRC the idea started out as bikini, but she ended up wearing a sports swimsuit, nylons and ridiculously high shoes. They did everything they could to compensate for her natural figure. I guess putting her in something with a higher lycra content was more improtant than finding a flattering suit.
    They supposedly tried on 300+ suits and that was the one they chose?
    Mindboggling.

The segment reminded me of the Valerie Bertinelli Jenny Craig commercials.
    Yes, Valerie looks great, but it's not as though she had that much weight to lose in the first place, plus part of the deal was free meals.
    I'm lead to believe the JC plan is pretty expensive, certainly out of reach of many people, just like forming a "dream team" like Sherri's would not be an option for most viewers.
    Sherri should have started earlier in the season and done it all on her own, imo, like most people do when they want to lose weight. No personal trainers, nutritionists, stylists, etc.
    I think that would have made for a more interesting and informative piece, but I don't know that Sherri would have stuck to it for a longer span. I think the kind of hurried "got to get into a bathing suit in two months" approach suited her better.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-10-2009 at 02:47 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Actually, Valerie Bertinelli did have a lot of weight to lose. If I'm not mistaken, it was about 40 - 50 pounds. To me, that is pretty significant.
    I have seen her in person through the years and she does tend to yo yo with her weight.
    I've known many who've gone on the JC diet. It can get pricey. I think the bigger problem, though, is that people who go on these special foods diets have great difficulty afterward because they haven't learned how to eat properly. Afterwards, they often go to bingeing and the cycle begins all over.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't want this thread to get into a discussion about Valerie and JC, but for me, I don't think the amount she needed to lose was that big of a deal, not compared to someone like Kirsty Alley.
    A basic 1000 to 1200 calorie a day eating plan with a moderate amount of exercise, the kind of plan people go on every day, and she could have lost a couple of pounds a week.
    Of course the argument from her would be that she could never stick to that sort of plan.
    I do applaud Varlerie for losing it and for keeping it off, though.

I completely agree re the bingeing/sliming cycle, which is really what annoyed me about that pratt Geddie and the food trolley.
    Sherri seems to have been cast in the role of "class clown" and she's participating enthusiastically.
    The waxing segment was ridiculous, imo, she certainly hammed that up.
    She acts overly lustily towards men and chows down like it's feeding time on the farm when they have a segment featuring food she really likes, even during the time she was on the swimsuit plan.
    I just wish she'd challenge herself a little more, but I wish that of all the panellists.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-10-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally Posted by graycat11
    I think Sherri is right, the Cookie Monster does have some influence on very young kids, on what they eat, their choices. Parents have the ultimate say though. Companies, advertisements, that's why they're willing to spend thousands of dollars on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3636737;
    I do not agree about the influence issue. My kids aren't really into Sesame Street, but I clearly remember watching when I was a kid and Cookie Monster talked about all the other good stuff that was out their to eat like carrots, apples, and other fruits and veggies. I heard news that they went even further down the healthy eating path with this character over the last few years.

Furthermore, if watching Cookie Monster makes kids want to eat cookies, does it also make them want to stick their faces into a plate full of food to scarf down as much as possible? We teach our children that this is not an appropriate way to eat just as we can teach them that cookies are okay only in moderation.
    I still think the cookie monster has some influence, nothing wrong with that as long as the kids don't over do it. It's all about moderation and parents being involved.

Just read that "Khate" minus 8 is going to host the View?

I am soooooo done with this show. Having the Twit Elisabeth was bad enough, now they are going to extend that hateful witches 15 minutes. Not for me

They're going to be alternating several women - LaToya Jackson, Megan McCain, Kate, etc.- during the time Elisabeth is on maternity leave.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

and according to that link posted in the J&K+8 thread, Kate will be subbing Sept. 14 and 15 (for anyone who might want to avoid those dates)
    Life is short ~ smile while you still have teeth.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

How is it that Kate, with all that is going on in her life right now, would have the time, or even the interest in hosting the View???

And LaToya Jackson...? Please... *rolls eyes*
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Other than Megan McCain, clearly they just want subs for their publicity value. It would be nice if they sought out women known for intelligence, perceptiveness, good communication abilities, etc., (guess that's why Lisa Ling left), but I guess that would be too much of a shocking departure from what we're used to in that particular chair.

+ Reply to Thread