+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3644518;
    Thank you for beating me to the stretching/exercise education!

Do you lift too?

I find the resistance stretching especially helpful for that.

FORT Fogey

I don't often get to see the show anymore--but I did catch it most days this week.

How many weeks has EH been mentioning her water breaking on a daily basis?

She mentioned it at least once every day this week--including on today's show which was taped last week.

I understand that very pregnant women get self-obsessed as their due date approaches but these constant "Water-breaking" reminders have become disgusting.

The water-breaking references are fairly recent, but she's made numerous references to the fact she's pregnant from the moment she announced it.

At least she stopped her "we had so much trouble conceiving" comments.
    Three children under five (if one child is four then she doesn't have three children under four, Babs) and she thinks she had trouble conceiving.

I have to wonder how much closer together she wanted her children to be born. According to her stories she used to stay in the bathroom brushing her teeth until Tim went to sleep to avoid sex with him on occasion, If that's true, then the fact that she wasn't trying to have a baby would account for some of the time she was unable to get pregnant.
    Although I'm fortunate not to have had any fertility issues, I think her comments about struggling to get pregnant were an insult to couples who have.

Also, Babs needs to not hold up Elisabeth as an example of a woman who manages to juggle career and child care.
    She has a part time job to all intents and purposes, even allowing for whatever other irons she may have in the fire, a husband who doesn't appear to be employed on a full-time basis and two nannies.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Did she wear nylons like Kirstie Alley?

eta: Just saw it, apparently yes. And i do agree that if she just had a breast reduction, it'd make a big difference.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hear that breast reductions are extremely painful. I guess if she gets sick of hauling that load around, she'll get around to it. I'm also betting that insurance will pay for it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Actually, breast reductions are not painful, although, as with any surgery, there is no guarantee of things. Any surgery carries some risk with it.

Of all the women I know who've undergone the surgery, all said they'd do it again.

When I was in high school, one of my friends - who was co captain of the cheerleaders - always complained about how painful her breasts were on her back/shoulders, etc. I've never understood why so many women seek to get implants that often times distort their body proportions. Because it's pretty da*n painful to exercise or do anything with them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3648103;
    The water-breaking references are fairly recent, but she's made numerous references to the fact she's pregnant from the moment she announced it.

At least she stopped her "we had so much trouble conceiving" comments.
    Three children under five (if one child is four then she doesn't have three children under four, Babs) and she thinks she had trouble conceiving.

I have to wonder how much closer together she wanted her children to be born. According to her stories she used to stay in the bathroom brushing her teeth until Tim went to sleep to avoid sex with him on occasion, If that's true, then the fact that she wasn't trying to have a baby would account for some of the time she was unable to get pregnant.
    Although I'm fortunate not to have had any fertility issues, I think her comments about struggling to get pregnant were an insult to couples who have.

Also, Babs needs to not hold up Elisabeth as an example of a woman who manages to juggle career and child care.
    She has a part time job to all intents and purposes, even allowing for whatever other irons she may have in the fire, a husband who doesn't appear to be employed on a full-time basis and two nannies.
    Fluff--thanks for that additional info.

The "fertility problem" comments do sound odd.

She nursed her first two kids--right?
    Maybe nobody told her that nursing can often--though not always--prevent conception?

But then no--that can't be since she considers herself such a "scientist"--even though most of ehr "scientific' assertions are wrong.

PS--I wonder how much closer she wanted the kids to be?

Most experts agree that any closer than two years apart is asking for emotional issues.

A lot of families seem to agree.

I thought Joy was really hostile and rude to the chef on Friday's show.
    She seemed to think she was in a death battle for the title of "Most Knowledgeable" on the subject of Julia Childs.
    I thougt that was most unnecessary.

I have no idea what Babs was running on about at the beginning when she was talking aboout the show being taped and Elisabeth still being pregnant.
    She could have simply said, "this show is taped and by the time you see it Elisabeth might have had her baby".
    Or, she could have just said nothing.
    We all know Friday shows are taped, if we didn't they flash "previously recorded" on the screen and even if people didn't know the show was taped and had heard Elisabeth had had her baby, they could probably figure out that if she's sitting there still clearly pregnant the show had been taped.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I couldn't believe that BW said that they seldom tape shows!!

And about breast reduction, I remember Loni Anderson saying (many moons ago) that she had had a breast reduction and saying that the breasts keep growing. That can be a depressing thought if your goal is to go smaller and stay smaller.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know what Babs is on lately, but she's getting worse than ever.
    They've been taping Friday shows since Rosie's time in the moderator chair.
    They do go live occasionally, the last time John and Cindy McCain were guests for example, but otherwise they tape.
    You can tell they've taped by the fact Hot Topics are even less hot and topical than usual, just a mess of sex surveys and stupid crap they've discussed a hundred times before.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread