+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #7061
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    409

    Re: The View

    i thought it was funny when they were showing the clips of sherry exercising...and it was some guy who was stretching her. what...she can't even stretch herself??? how lazy can one be when they need to hire someone to stretch themselves? [note: i like sherry]

    babs seemed "out to lunch" today, even though she did look good! and i have to say that bitsy looked real good, esp for being about to pop at any moment.

  2. #7062
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3643617;
    i thought it was funny when they were showing the clips of sherry exercising...and it was some guy who was stretching her. what...she can't even stretch herself??? how lazy can one be when they need to hire someone to stretch themselves? [note: i like sherry]

    babs seemed "out to lunch" today, even though she did look good! and i have to say that bitsy looked real good, esp for being about to pop at any moment.

    Certain kinds of stretching-called "Resistance" stretching--involve stretching AGAINST another person's resistance.

    It works very well. Dara Torres used it to keep herself in top shape to win a number of Olympic swimming medals at the age of 42.

  3. #7063
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,080

    Re: The View

    Thank you for beating me to the stretching/exercise education!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #7064
    FORT Fogey Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3643269;
    So, Sherri revealed her bathing suit body today and I thought she looked pretty good.
    She's an odd shape and teetering in on four inch heels didn't help her deportment, but you could tell she felt good which is absolutely the most important thing, imo.
    She looked great! and you could absolutely tell she felt great in her skin which is the best thing to come from this entire segment! I thought it was also really important that they had a good panel up there to show that she was not doing any crash diets but consulted doctors and what not!

    Also I have to say I really loved the montage they showed it was really nice!

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

  5. #7065
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    I didn't find it amusing that Geddie wheeled out a cart of her favourite "naughty" foods.
    It undid the whole idea that she'd undertaken a sensible diet and exercise plan and made it seem like she'd done a crash diet and could now go back to eating, bingeing even.
    That's the level of stupidity I'd expect from Geddie though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #7066
    FORT Fogey Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3646448;
    I didn't find it amusing that Geddie wheeled out a cart of her favourite "naughty" foods.
    It undid the whole idea that she'd undertaken a sensible diet and exercise plan and made it seem like she'd done a crash diet and could now go back to eating, bingeing even.
    That's the level of stupidity I'd expect from Geddie though.
    They did explain that though, the nutritionist and Sherri both said she could eat these things but in moderation and that she had been eating them all along just not all the time. I think that just showed that you can still eat things you like and look and feel good. People think you have to give everything up to look good. Its called moderation and that is what Sherri's program was about.

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

  7. #7067
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,823

    Re: The View

    The problem with these shows is they always say moderation but then people take a slice of cake that is 1/3 of the cake or don't have the one serving (7 potato chips) or whatever. They really need to hammer down on what in moderation means because moderation gives people a lot of room to justify what they are eating.

  8. #7068
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3646470;
    They did explain that though, the nutritionist and Sherri both said she could eat these things but in moderation and that she had been eating them all along just not all the time. I think that just showed that you can still eat things you like and look and feel good. People think you have to give everything up to look good. Its called moderation and that is what Sherri's program was about.
    I'm aware of that.
    All the explanation in the world doesn't alter the fact that wheeling out the trolley gave a strong visual impression that Sherri had crashed dieted simply to be able to fit into a bathing suit and would now be chowing her way through the array of goodies.

    Had he bought out one plate of food it would have looked like Sherri was rewarding her hard work with a treat.
    I just thought it was stupid.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-07-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  9. #7069
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: The View

    I missed the show where she revealed her body. However, it is now online. I do give her credit for showing her body on TV and for having lost weight.
    I still think, though, that she is extremely top heavy and I can't imagine how she did not topple over, esp. in those shoes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #7070
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,080

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3646744;
    I'm aware of that.
    All the explanation in the world doesn't alter the fact that wheeling out the trolley gave a strong visual impression that Sherri had crashed dieted simply to be able to fit into a bathing suit and would now be chowing her way through the array of goodies.

    Had he bought out one plate of food it would have looked like Sherri was rewarding her hard work with a treat.
    I just thought it was stupid.
    I totally agree. So many people have setbacks after dieting/exercising because they think they can go back to eating exactly what they want when they want because they have lost a decent amount of weight. Nothing could be more unsupportive than him wheeling out that table of food. This is the time that she REALLY needs her nutrition counselor holding her hand. She's at a dangerous point. I hope she doesn't immediately revert back to her former ways. I know it's hard.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.