+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Fluff--that was the only part of the show I did see--and yes it was a serious mess.

Aside from the bad behavior--IE the usual--from EH--if you looked at it without listening--it looked like Sherri was STARVING and was just shovelling food down.

It looks like she's been on some sort of fad diet instead of sensible diet and exercise--and she is now just about binge eating.
    That's what it looked like anyway.

And yes Whoopi's behavior was just childish. BW's wasn't much better.
    What a mess!!

Btw--does EH really thik it's "cute" to keep referring to her water breaking?

She reminds me of people at family gatherings who are sooo certain that everyone wants to hear all the gory details of their most recent illness and surgery--while everyone is trying to eat.

Let me preface this by saying I am one of the few EH fans. I don't always like how she tries to get out her point or agree with her but for the most part I agree with her and she doesn't get on my nerves.

That being said, she didn't need to follow that guy from table to table. The food segment was awful. Did Babs even try the pizza? I know I heard her whining about how pizza and potatoes don't go together.

Sherri's table actually made me a little nauseous. Especially they way she was digging into the chocolate covered bacon or whatever the heck that was.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sherri really annoys me when she resorts to her buffoonery. How interesting to liken Sherri's actions to the exact thing that she had complained about the day before. Wonder if anyone mentioned that to her, and if it was LOST on her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

If Sherri can't resist stuffing food in her face on national TV ... despite this supposed diet she's on ... every time they have a food segment, then I wonder what she does at home when nobody is watching. Maybe I don't remember what she looked like before, but she deosn't look like she's lost a whole lot of weight to me. I could be wrong. Maybe its just because she's so top-heavy. I remember when Oprah was on her weight-loss kick, she said her bust size decreased, too. I don't think that's true for Sherri.

I always wonder how her stuffing her face during segments like these play into her diabetes management. I'm sure her doctor cringes. I've been told by people living with newly diagnosed diabetes talk about "the honeymoon period" of the disease. Wonder if this is part of that?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

At least Sherri is following through with this segment which is more than can be said for Whoopi with her weight loss or "Kicking Butts" pieces.
    I give her kudos for that, if nothing else.

Barbara needs to never display her chest in a v-neck sweater ever again.
    Her face may not look 80 but her chest does.

Tomorrow is the last day of the live shows before the August hiatus.
    I'm sure Elisabeth will ramp up the water breaking and baby references for this final show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3637360;
    And did Whoopi and Joy get "stomped all over"...can't say that was what I witnessed. What I witnessed was more of the FOX commentator style of screaming by Malkin that seems to be the norm, as opposed to the exception.
    Which Fox commentators "scream"? Malkin wasn't screaming, she was speaking loud enough so they couldn't shout her down and cut her off, which is what they like to do whenever they have a conservative guest. God forbid a conservative be allowed to actually speak on that show. I was happy to see her not let them get by with it.

IT doesn't matter who the guest is they shout over them. Which is why I don't watch this show. It's bad enough watching them shout over each other but then they do it to everyone they have on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3641042;
    Which Fox commentators "scream"? Malkin wasn't screaming, she was speaking loud enough so they couldn't shout her down and cut her off, which is what they like to do whenever they have a conservative guest. God forbid a conservative be allowed to actually speak on that show. I was happy to see her not let them get by with it.
    I agree. I did get a kick out of her "News flash, Bush is no longer President" comment.

I"m pretty sure that screaming is in the contracts of the FOX commentators! "Follow Big Daddy Bill's lead!"

+ Reply to Thread