+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3628377;
    It was nice to see Constantine Maroulis. He's a very talented guy.
    What is up with Tyler Florence lately? He speaks so fast and rushed that he seems like he's going to explode or have a heart attack any minute. He's gotten to be too painful for me to watch with his frantic manner.
    Constantine was really good right? I certainly enjoyed him and his performance! I really like seeing Tyler with the ladies. I think he just has so much to say he is trying to get it out within his segment time. He seemed alright to me, I know i wanted to jump through the tv and take the food just like Whoopi does

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey
    Okay--I watched the first part of the show--and this was sooo stoopid I wiped it from my mind-

What was it that someone said and both BW and Whoopi had never heard of the term? It was a word that is used quite often...

Thanks for help with this--my brain is way too efficient at wiping dumb BW stuff out.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 07-31-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3628441;
    Okay--I watched the first part of the show--and this was sooo stoopid I wiped it from my mind-

What was it that someone said and both BW an Whooopi had never heard of the term? It was a word that is used quite often...

Thanks for help with this--my brain is way too efficient at wiping dumb BW stuff out.
    I was shocked, as well. Barista. BW thought they were referring to the term for an English attorney - Barrister. She said she'd never heard the term Barista.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3628303;
    LOL I dont know about that but I did hear the term male genitalia a bunch! I came in a bit late to the episode and as the screen was coming on all I could hear was Barbara saying "male genitalia"! LOL it made me laugh a bit.
    Barbara stated that they can only say the word penis once and then after that it was censored. I don't know what sense that makes but I guess it's the rules.

I too was shocked that neither Whoopi or Barbara had heard the term barrista. Geez, I live in the boonies no where near a Starbucks or stores like them and I've heard of it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not into coffee, and even I know that one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3628498;
    Barbara stated that they can only say the word penis once and then after that it was censored. I don't know what sense that makes but I guess it's the rules.
    She also explained the why. She said that the censor people allow it once, because it can be used once in a news, or statement of fact way. But normally when it's repeated, it's being used in a more vulgar way, so that's how they draw the line. I thought it was funny when they started asking if they each got one, or if the show got one, and each of those times it was bleeped.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3628499;
    I'm not into coffee, and even I know that one.
    I only know it because I've heard it in passing. Someone like my mom wouldn't know the term at all though. It depends on how exposed you are to the coffee culture and coffee shops I think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3628454;
    I was shocked, as well. Barista. BW thought they were referring to the term for an English attorney - Barrister. She said she'd never heard the term Barista.
    OMG Barrista! Thanks so much to everyone who answered.
    I could not link it to any discussion they were having.
    It was so shocking that neither of them had ever heard the word before.

I hate when I have those brain f****

Oh my god...is Sherri smoking the stupid weed today? Does she seriously think that Cookie Monster makes kids want to eat cookies? I agree with Whoopi...it's a PUPPET! Watch your kids and put the cookies where they can't get to them. Offer healthy snacks. Leave cookie monster alone.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I like that Whoopi called out Michelle Malkin and even got confirmation from NBC that she had indeed made that quote. I swear she looks like someone hit her in the mouth with a pan.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread