+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1626Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I thought that BW was the moderator today, but I could be wrong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3625444;
    Joy sure had her facts wrong about Joan Rivers being supposedly banned from all the late night talk shows. At least they corrected themselves.
    I was glad to see that happen. Actually, though, it had been the case for many years that Joan could Not get on any of the shows.
    At least, it has been rectified as of late. I heard them sy that she was on Letterman. Did they also mention Leno? I had not heard whether they did or not. THanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3625616;
    I was glad to see that happen. Actually, though, it had been the case for many years that Joan could Not get on any of the shows.
    At least, it has been rectified as of late. I heard them sy that she was on Letterman. Did they also mention Leno? I had not heard whether they did or not. THanks
    They said that the only one she hadn't been on is Leno. Whether that's right or not, they didn't say.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3625595;
    I thought that BW was the moderator today, but I could be wrong.
    She was, Elisabeth was just sitting in Whoopi's chair.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh, my error.
    Well, it seemed to run fairly smoothly today, so kudos to Barbara then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3625636;
    They said that the only one she hadn't been on is Leno. Whether that's right or not, they didn't say.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3625636;
    Leno, bless him, upheld Johnny Carson's ban on the vicious harpy, so no, she hasn't been on his show. And I would think it highly unlikely she will ever appear on his new show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran;3624874;
    I was quite surprised that for this season of The Bachelorette, I didn't hear one mention of the show on The View, no recap of the night before, no appearance by Jillian, nothing. In the past there was a lot of promotion of The Bachelorette/Bachelor shows on The View, since both shows are on ABC. Did I miss any comments on The View about this season's show? I recall negative comments being made on The View in the past numerous times about the partnerships not lasting very long, mostly by Joy, if I remember correctly.
    IIRC EH was the big Bach/ette fan....she even had a party last year when Jason had to choose between Melissa and Molly. She had friends over to her apartment and they wore veils, etc. Really played it up. Then when Jason dumped Melissa for Molly, EH went on a rant and stated that she would never watch (or maybe comment on) the show again. I was really surprised that she kept her word on this latest Jillian show!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3624973;
    I think Barbara just likes to have an opportunity to say the word penis on the air.
    LOL I dont know about that but I did hear the term male genitalia a bunch! I came in a bit late to the episode and as the screen was coming on all I could hear was Barbara saying "male genitalia"! LOL it made me laugh a bit.

I certainly loved the summer hottest gadgets and thought seeing Barbara and Sherri ride on those coolers was super cute/funny! I wish I had been there to get some of that stuff. Those water proof speakers were cool.

Anyway who watched today? I think i really like the segment with Tyler Florence, and he was doing some good Gluten Free stuff for Elisabeth!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

It was nice to see Constantine Maroulis. He's a very talented guy.
    What is up with Tyler Florence lately? He speaks so fast and rushed that he seems like he's going to explode or have a heart attack any minute. He's gotten to be too painful for me to watch with his frantic manner.

+ Reply to Thread