+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1316Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3622107;
    But EH also wanted the parents to "secretly" be notified

Like I said before, if the parents are responsible for the medical bills they should know what is going on.

In some of the cases that the child is afraid to talk to the parent, maybe the parent getting that notice might help them to break the ice. Just because the child is afraid to talk to the parent doesn't mean the parent will freak out. Like Shay said some people are just uncomfortable talking about it.

Let me see if I've got this right. For months now, Elizabeth has been preaching against raising taxes for anyone citing how she believes it's a bad thing to do in this rotten economy. Now today, the first thing out of her mouth is an idea to raise taxes for restaurants that sell foods high in fat and are near schools. I understand the concept, I just don't get the reasoning. Raising taxes for the richest 1 percent=bad, raising taxes for Mickey-D's or any mom and pop place that sells food that she doesn't approve of=good.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

They just kept saying 'instead of taxing the consumer, they should tax the companies who produce the high fat foods.' I was amazed that most of them couldn't wrap their brains around the concept that if you raise taxes on a producer, the producer will just pass it along to customers as a price increase. Sherri voiced this at one point, but it was lost in the cacophony.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by llongori;3623852;
    They just kept saying 'instead of taxing the consumer, they should tax the companies who produce the high fat foods.' I was amazed that most of them couldn't wrap their brains around the concept that if you raise taxes on a producer, the producer will just pass it along to customers as a price increase. Sherri voiced this at one point, but it was lost in the cacophony.
    If a company raises their prices then all you have to do is ask your boss for a "cost of living" raise on your next multi million dollar contract signing.
    Well, that is what you do if you are a part of their world view.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by llongori;3623852;
    Gawd they were extra stupid today!
    I wish they'd start to pay attention to Sherri--when she knows what she's talking about--shr really knows.

Otherwise she tends to keep quiet--unlike the emtpy-headed blonde who thinks she knwos everything--when she knows almost nothing.

Even BW got impatient with EH over the parental notification stuff.

I was quite surprised that for this season of The Bachelorette, I didn't hear one mention of the show on The View, no recap of the night before, no appearance by Jillian, nothing. In the past there was a lot of promotion of The Bachelorette/Bachelor shows on The View, since both shows are on ABC. Did I miss any comments on The View about this season's show? I recall negative comments being made on The View in the past numerous times about the partnerships not lasting very long, mostly by Joy, if I remember correctly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These shows, all networks, are really pushing the movie, "Funny People". Enough already.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Barbara just likes to have an opportunity to say the word penis on the air.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wonder if they had a new hairstylist today. Everybody's hair looked lovely. And, Elisabeth's looked particularly nice. Whoopi was off and Elisabeth acted as moderator. I thought she did a good job. I was glad, though, it was a non hot topic day.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Joy sure had her facts wrong about Joan Rivers being supposedly banned from all the late night talk shows. At least they corrected themselves.

+ Reply to Thread