+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

EH lives in a world of her own. She won't come out of it until--unfortunately--something happens to her so far "perfect" children.

As someone who has been at crime scenes and has had to make notifications to parents I know how shocked some parents are about the real lives of their children.
    It is truly sad to see reality smack them so hard.

And--thank goodness for Whoopi! Her patience finally ran out with EH--too bad she doesn't do that to EH more often--IE shut her up.

FORT Fanatic

A friend who is close to a police officer thinks he may have asked Dr. Gates to step outside so hopefully someone might walk by and hear their conversation.

If both men stayed inside, it's one person's word against the other as to what we said. Talking outside could mean there would be witnesses.

EH lives in a world of colored glasses and will never change. That she is breeding the same kind of children is scary

what will be funny is when one of those children actually does something real and she whigs out

I made the mistake of tuning in to part of the show today. EH is beyond belief. I'm not a Babs fan in the slightest, but even she recognized the point being made, yet EH didn't get it (despite multiple attempts from 1, 2, 3? of them to guide her to the lightbulb). Obviously, there is no I.Q. test required for someone to get a high-paying job on TV.

And, people should need a license to breed. :
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I think the misunderstanding was on all sides. E started with the form and Sherri immediately jumped in saying that some kids won't go to their parents. I think what E was trying to get at was that at the beginning of the year when you are signing forms maybe they could put a form in there that it is okay to give your kids these tests, etc. I am sure there are parents that would sign the form if it existed. I think part of her problem is that both Whoop and Babs where jumping on her and maybe she was getting frustrated with them. Plus, being pregnant doesn't help the patience any.

What was up with Babs attire and hair today? She looked like she just got out of bed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, Elisabeth was all for "not lying" in this whole thing when it came to giving the children the medical assistance they requested; she was in favor of lying, by omission, by not letting the children know that their parents would be notified. I'm confused. You can't have it both ways. Who explains the lie to the child when it finally comes out, and it will?

I think that Sherri was speaking from the standpoint of a person who may not have been comfortable talking to her parents, from what she's said about her upbringing.

And I did not see Whoopi and Babs "jumping on" her. Whe was not a victim of the bullies. Elisabeth was busy being manic, and it was almost impossible for anyone else to get anything in. Well....Whoopi found a way! Whoopi "helped the patience"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3621116;
    Plus, being pregnant doesn't help the patience any.
    Depending on the topic she'll behave exactly like that when she isn't pregnant, so no matter how many times she rubs her stomach, I'm not taking her pregnancy into account.

What was up with Babs attire and hair today? She looked like she just got out of bed.

You should have seen her last week. She looked like she'd just got out of bed, then been dragged through a hedge.
    She sent a 'get well' message to someone last week. I thought she said Brian, but after seeing her hair look such a mess I wondered if she said "Bryant", which would be Bryant Renfrow, her hair stylist.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3621152;
    Now, Elisabeth was all for "not lying" in this whole thing when it came to giving the children the medical assistance they requested; she was in favor of lying, by omission, by not letting the children know that their parents would be notified. I'm confused. You can't have it both ways. Who explains the lie to the child when it finally comes out, and it will?

I think that Sherri was speaking from the standpoint of a person who may not have been comfortable talking to her parents, from what she's said about her upbringing.

And I did not see Whoopi and Babs "jumping on" her. Whe was not a victim of the bullies. Elisabeth was busy being manic, and it was almost impossible for anyone else to get anything in. Well....Whoopi found a way! Whoopi "helped the patience"!
    I guess I saw it differently. I didn't see Whoopi and Babs as bullies, just coming at her from both sides. What I saw E trying to get out was that the papers would be signed when all the other school stuff was signed. The kid wouldn't have to go to the parent to get it signed before getting the test that way if a kid feels like they can't talk to their parents they don't have to.

I agree with her on the knowing what is going on medically with your child. If you are responsible for taking care of the medical bills you should have the right to know what is going on.

I think all the ladies need to take a cue from Whoopi and let the others get their points out before they jump in. It does get incredibly annoying and Whoop is the only one I have seen not try to talk over the others.

But EH also wanted the parents to "secretly" be notified

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I get needing to know and wanting to know your child's medical status. I do not disagree. While I think that what the school system is considering is kind of good, I don't know how you marry the two. If they come to an age where they are having to worry about STDs and pregnancy, I'd hope that the kids would at least have somebody that they felt comfortable talking to, if it was not their parents. The big part is that they get medical attention.

Too many people are shamed to talk about sex and sexually related issues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread