+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970717273747576777879801201705701070 ... LastLast
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Bearcata..... it's because she's got such a huge VannaWhite sized head that parts of the rest of her body look so fragile.

And Muduh, I believe she mentioned on the show that she does wear different wigs. She used to go from short to long overnight so often that it finally all made sense. I'm envious.
    Yeah, she actually has her own line of wigs and she'd wear them on the show sometimes.

Renee Goldsberry has an " almost eery" resemblance to Star? How so? They are both black women? If that's the case, then I have an almost eery resemblance to Elisabeth, and Barbara, too, for that matter.

If there was any resemblance at all, I missed it.

Muduh.... I agree. I don't think REG looks like Star at all. But Brandy DOES look like her. People Mag posted two shots of Star and Brandy next to each other in this week's mag and they look quite similar. Both have very wide set, almond-shaped eyes and the same shape of face.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

here's what I don't get..I know Star is ticked off and all but in an industry that is so small should she really be airing her sour grapes while looking for another job in show business?
    What kind of employer will hire you if you are bad mouthing your previous employer? And!! Star has only Star to blame for her contract not being renewed. By 'doing things her own way' and 'on her own terms' Star missed out on a gracious exit that could have smoothed her right into another high profile career. Seriously.. how many people watch House Hunters (and what about Suzanne Whang) and how many watch The View? She cheated herself out of a running start.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie

My Own Two Cents Worth

I used to like this show - - now it wears on me - - I think the big loss on this show is Meredith Viera - - she was the glue that held the show together day in a day out - - the acrimony between Star Jones and Joyce Behar has been evident for a long time

I'm not sold on Rosie O'Donnell as being a good choice - - she's used to being the head honcho and fitting in with other women doesn't seem to be her strong suit - - love her or hate her she's very opinionated and needs to be heard - - how that will sit with the others remains to be seen

In case anyone is interested tonite and the rest of the week should be the House Hunters in New York that Star is hosting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched both the international House Hunters and the New York House Hunters and Star did a credible job as hostess., except for wearing the most butt ugly dress I have ever seen. Star you are skinny now don't wear fat lady patterns. The bodice had this huge coral colored flower eating half of her torso.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    here's what I don't get..I know Star is ticked off and all but in an industry that is so small should she really be airing her sour grapes while looking for another job in show business?
    What kind of employer will hire you if you are bad mouthing your previous employer? And!! Star has only Star to blame for her contract not being renewed. By 'doing things her own way' and 'on her own terms' Star missed out on a gracious exit that could have smoothed her right into another high profile career. Seriously.. how many people watch House Hunters (and what about Suzanne Whang) and how many watch The View? She cheated herself out of a running start.
    Especially when your former employer is Barbara Walters. Like her or hate her, Babs is still pretty powerful. If Star ends up sinking her own career, I won't be disappointed. I can't stand that woman.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched both the international House Hunters and the New York House Hunters and Star did a credible job as hostess., except for wearing the most butt ugly dress I have ever seen. Star you are skinny now don't wear fat lady patterns. The bodice had this huge coral colored flower eating half of her torso.
    I agree... that dress was horrid and it accentuated the fact that Star has absolutely no waist! It wasn't attractive.

And I also begrudgingly agree that Star did a decent job as host. I didn't much care for hearing her voice throughout the show, but the show didn't suck.

And I think the woman that chose the 1 bedroom with the 800+ maintenance fee was an idiot. In the long run, the gorgeous $525K two-bedroom condo with the $300 maintenance fee would have cost her much much less money.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Boring, boring, boring.

This show has really "dumbed down".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread