+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 1117 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617571075071007 ... LastLast
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    It seems like the co-host are discussing topics that are intended to make Star uneasy.
    Has anyone else noticed that. The ladies also seem less tolerate of Star during hot topics.

Topics like infidelity, secrets in marriage... Any one heard of any strife on the set?

It would be great if there were some trouble brewing, enough to blow Joy, Meredith and Star off the show and totally regroup. Possible get someone in their 30's then have a 40-50's too. Barb can be the older voice. Elisabeth is so young by comparison to the others there is a huge gap and there needs to be a 30 something in the middle. I wouldn't be sad to see Star or Joy hit the streets.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Oh yes, please, spare us another "View" baby. I like Elisabeth but I'm sick of the baby thing already and we're only half way through.
    After all those years of Kathie Lee and Cody I am so done with celebrity babies.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    If im not mistaken there was this outfit that star had worn where she appearantly had a plunging neckline and of course it looked awful.

As for meredith and her double entendre's, maybe she's just frustrated. Or she just lacks tact.:-p
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    It seems like the co-host are discussing topics that are intended to make Star uneasy.
    Has anyone else noticed that. The ladies also seem less tolerate of Star during hot topics.

Topics like infidelity, secrets in marriage... Any one heard of any strife on the set?
    Now you come to mention it, infidelity and the like do seem to have cropped up a lot lately.

I agree that there is too much of a gap between Star and Elisabeth in age, there needs to be a 30 something in there, particularly as Elisabeth is almost too opinionated for my taste.
    Admittedly, I rarely agree with anything she has to say, but even casting our differences in opinion aside, I find it irritating that she is so closed to any other argument than her own.
    She's made her mind up and sticks to her line of thinking without wavering.
    I'm not criticising her for having strong convictions, but I would just like her to be more open to others points of view.
    She seems so determined to stick to her line of thinking, probably due to the fact she's the only openly Conservative person on the panel and thinks she needs to fight her corner more steadfastly to get her view across.

Her 'im a republican, hear me roar' crap totally turned me off to her, i cant stand her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    It's funny Fluff, I think the exact same way about Joy and Star that you feel about Elisabeth. I think Elisabeth has had to come in there and deal with 4 liberals barking back at everything she's said and every opinion she has. Star and Joy never waver on their thoughts and I feel are very closed minded.

There's nothing about the title "the view" that is correct. Their views are all the same, except Elisabeth's, and it can be refreshing to hear 2 (or more if they had them) views on a subject (not just politics). I always feel like Joy thinks she's right and since she's louder and more obnoxious it will get her point across. It just makes me turn the channel.

I do think the day-by-day baby updates can get old. Fast. But I don't think that Elisabeth's "conservativism" and everyone else's "liberalism" are much different, they're just at different ends of the rope.

straight male perspective

let me chime in on this show for a moment...

admittedly, i will watch the show.. but ONLY when certain guest are on, and
    since i like to listen to peoples opinions on certain topics

here are my opinions on the Hoests..

Elizabeth - well unlike most people on this thread, I find her to be the most annoying of the bunch...she is a miss goodie 2 shoes and can do no wrong and she has a utopian view on everything...

Joy - actually i like her, she is RAW... she goes overboard on the jokes sometime, but i guess thats her personality after all she is suppose to be a comedienne... i don't however need to hear any political views from her or
    any of them

Barbara - nothing bad to say about her, sge's great

Star Jones Reynolds - hmm, where do i begin... it's funny to me that everytime i can recall in the past before all that AL/Wedding garbage anytime her personal life came up she was all secretive and whatnot now all of a sudden she want's everyone to know every detail of he personal life... um nobody cares... and somebody made a good point about these 'uncomfortable topics' coming up... I think she brought all these things on herself by promoting her 'man' so much

Meredith - don't really have anything bad to say, but it's funny that she trying to relive her freakiness days always throwing in sex in everytopic and all the back and forth calling each other 'bitches'

Ugh!!! she's hosting live form the red carpet at the sag awards.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

She'll be doing the red carpet for the Grammys and Oscars too I believe.

+ Reply to Thread