+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3617928;
    Good point, good point! She's not a blonde; she just aspires to play one on TV!
    Good one!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3617904;
    How is it that you know this for fact? And not only fact but DECLARATIVE fact?

And it is Professor Gates, world renowned Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates not 'Gates'.

And I believe the other officer has a name as well -- not 'the black cop'.

Most importantly, the charges in this case were DROPPED. That is a substantiated FACT that demonstrates that the arrest based on the charges was not warranted.

Seriously, he is Gates ( world renowned to some maybe) that is his name and I did not know the other cops name ( his name wasn't given on the news report just as the African American officer present) don't infer anything well, actually, you make my point! I know it as declaritively as Gates knew he was being racialy profiled hows that? Charges are dropped all the time even when the action does happen ie speeding etc. Dropping the charges should have been enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3618045;
    Seriously, he is Gates ( world renowned to some maybe) that is his name and I did not know the other cops name ( his name wasn't given on the news report just as the African American officer present) don't infer anything well, actually, you make my point! I know it as declaritively as Gates knew he was being racialy profiled hows that? Charges are dropped all the time even when the action does happen ie speeding etc. Dropping the charges should have been enough.
    Professor Henry Louis Gates is world renowned in academic and intellectual circles. The other officer's name is Sgt. Leon Lashley. Please cite the source that only identified him as "the black cop".

Professor Gates was present at the incident and drew the conclusions he did from being involved in it at length personally -- not from making judgments declarAtively from news sources so scant on detail that they apparently didn't bother to ascertain the other officer's name.

When the charges were dropped against Professor Gates the Cambridge police department issued a statement calling them "regrettable". Please cite the speeding charges that have been dropped with the police departments issuing statements that they were regrettable.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

I never said they were dropped with statements did I they are dropped all the time? I heard it on the radio news this afternoon, not sure which station as it wasn't my car they may have said his name at the beginning of the broadcast and then made the refrence. Perspective is reality before this I had never heard of GATES, I am a college graduate with an advanced degree. I said in the beginning of my post Black Officer and that was the significance in this racially charged issue! IMO Gates is the racist after looking into him ( his beliefs) and his behavior in this incident. Talk about being scant on detail Obama managed to admit he didn't know the facts and then proceeded to wade into the incident and land on a side guess which one? . Racist and offensive!

I am done, back to the View.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3618337;
    I never said they were dropped with statements did I they are dropped all the time? I heard it on the radio news this afternoon, not sure which station as it wasn't my car they may have said his name at the beginning of the broadcast and then made the refrence.

IMO Gates is the racist after looking into him ( his beliefs) and his behavior in this incident.

Talk about being scant on detail Obama managed to admit he didn't know the facts and then proceeded to wade into the incident and land on a side guess which one? . Racist and offensive!
    The Cambridge Police Department called the charges against Gates regrettable. Do police departments regularly call speeding charges regrettable when they are dropped? Not that I know of.

And now Gates is racist based upon his beliefs? What beliefs are those? And you've looked into the incident -- but apparently not "the black cop's" name?

In the details President Obama has discussed regarding this incident, I did not hear the President state a single one inaccurately. He did call the arrest "stupid" and the Cambridge police department, themselves, called it "regrettable".

And now Professor Gates AND President Obama are both racists?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3618475;
    Yes
    Please cite the evidence that President Obama is racist.

FORT Fanatic

Read my posts above where he waded into an issue uninformed and made a statement taking a side in a racial issue that is a place to start ( he even knew the question was coming) and especially the previous one where I said I am DONE!! I am done, do you get it?? I believe him to a huge racist! I gave you evidence of Obama's evidence of acting like an idiot in answering the question and the best you can come up with is I didn't do MY homework in naming the officer?? DONE, DONE, DONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3618552;
    Read my posts above where he waded into an issue uninformed and made a statement taking a side in a racial issue that is a place to start ( he even knew the question was coming) and especially the previous one where I said I am DONE!! I am done, do you get it?? I believe him to a huge racist! I gave you evidence of Obama's evidence of acting like an idiot in answering the question and the best you can come up with is I didn't do MY homework in naming the officer?? DONE, DONE, DONE!!!
    The best that I can come up with is that there are no facts cited to back up an extreme assertion that President Obama and Professor Gates are racist. And in a fact-based universe that is quite significant.

The only specific things stated were that the President 'took a side' but there is no response for why the Cambridge Police Department called the arrest "regrettable" and why that doesn't constitute 'taking a side'.

In addition I haven't heard what facts Obama has stated inaccurately with regard to this incident.

"The black cop's" name is significant because it is a factual detail and because people deserve to be called by their names rather than being identified by colors that belong in a crayon box.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, Elisabeth managed to get her butt ripped again today! The discussion heated up over kids being allowed to have pregnancy and STD tests at school without their parents' knowledge (apparently, there is a school system that is considering this right now), and everybody was giving their opinions. Whoopi had been fairly quiet...not totally, of course (after all, this is The View)...Elisabeth was talking quite a bit...Whoop started to offer her opinion, and Elisabeth jumped right in, doing her manic parakeet thing...and Whoop, in an elevated voice, said to Elisabeth that she (Whoop) had sat there, listened, and not said a "doggone thing!". Elisabeth immediately quieted, turned beet red, and let Whoop talk; and then BW jumped in to say that what Whoop had said was that what BW had said, and Whoop immediately cut to break, saying that there was no point in continuing!!! Sherri was the only one not in time-out during that commercial break, and Joy was not there---which was probably the only thing that saved her!

I'm afraid that ol' Elisabeth may have an unreal idea of what pre-teens and teens are like, based on what you see when your children are young. It's more normal, than abnormal, for them to not tell you everything, unfortunately. Frustrating, but true.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread