+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Friday's show is always taped on Thursday, I think. I was interested in the psychic portions of the show that should have been shown today. I was also hoping that they would make and exception and show up for at least a live portion today, considering .....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I did hear the Friday shows are usually taped on Wednesdays.
    The "special" with Whoopi's friend and charlatan John Edward might well have been taped a while ago considering there is not much need to be current when you're pretending to talk to the dead.
    I would like to think they pulled that show due to the deaths of Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett.
    It would have been a little tacky to air the show today.

No matter what day the show is taped you can bet Hot Topics on a Friday is going to dominated by some stupid sex survey.
    I really see no reason for them not to go live on Fridays.
    As far as I know it's reruns next week. They're usually off on the week leading up to a holiday. We really can't expect them to put in their usual 15 hour week when there's a holiday approaching.
    The show is usually in reruns for the whole of August too while they're on hiatus.
    Working on this show is money for old rope.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-26-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Good point. I never thought about the "tacky" aspect. I'm guessing these people signed contracts for a 4 day work week.

I used to work a 4 day week; 10 hours for 4 days, with 3 days off. It Was Heaven!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

tapper01 - suggestion: why don't you get both books from the library? that way you are giving neither of them your money.

FORT Fogey

"The "special" with Whoopi's friend and charlatan John Edward might well have been taped a while ago considering there is not much need to be current when you're pretending to talk to the dead."

I am so sorry I missed that. He is really good!

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3528949;
    "The "special" with Whoopi's friend and charlatan John Edward might well have been taped a while ago considering there is not much need to be current when you're pretending to talk to the dead."

I am so sorry I missed that. He is really good!
    You didn't, steppe, they didn't air that episode yesterday.
    It's scheduled to be on next week now, possibly Thursday, I can't remember.
    The schedule is on their site at ABC though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3528869;
    tapper01 - suggestion: why don't you get both books from the library? that way you are giving neither of them your money.
    great idea...thanks

They aired the pyschic show that they postponed from last week today.

Aside from Whoopi, I thought the co-hosts were very rude to the guests.
    Sherri was having no truck with John Edward. You don't believe, fine, neither do I, but she was flat out rude to him, imo, and was so closed to the process that she didn't even care to remain civil.

I can understand why Elisabeth might have been miffed about the tarot card reader mentioning her baby, but she too had been very dismissive of the woman while she was giving Whoopi her reading.
    I saw no need for Elisabeth to be present during the reading at all.

Aside from Whoopi, who has been friends with John Edward for a long time, they all seemed highly skeptical and horrible candidates to receive readings.
    It could have been an interesting show, but as usual, out it in the hands of The View producers and it turns out to be a shambles.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I really liked the way that John Edward talked to Sherri about her attitude. He could not have been nicer; I think some people have trouble being civil when there may be something that they fear.

In Sherri's case I don't think it was fear. Psychics, etc, are against the Christian religion and I think that was where she was coming from. I do think she was very rude to him, though. I wonder if the producers made them do it, that would explain some of her attitude.

+ Reply to Thread