+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

Of course it is "without merit" and good for her for speaking up on air about it.

Didn't really see much need for what Elizabeth had to say about the law suit. What else was she going to say??? Oh yes I did steal word for word from her book!!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3522244;
    Of course it is "without merit" and good for her for speaking up on air about it.
    What facts do you have to support the definitive statement "Of course it is without merit"?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3522221;

I was surprised she mentioned the court case this morning.
    It was just a brief mention to say that it was "without merit" and was being dealt with.

I think she handled it perfectly. Any more could have gotten her in trouble. Hopefully it will satisfy peoples curiosity.

I think it is a publicity stunt on the part of the author of the first book. I am betting tons of people are buying hers now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3522401;
    Didn't really see much need for what Elizabeth had to say about the law suit. What else was she going to say??? Oh yes I did steal word for word from her book!!
    I think she is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. People are saying what you said, why did she speak and if she kept quiet people would be asking why she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3522401;
    I didn't see any need for her to say anything either.
    I would have thought her lawyers would have advised her not to say anything at all.

I'm not going to damn Elisabeth or Sue Hassett.
    I don't know if Hassett has a case so I'm not going to dismiss her as publicity hungry. Although, if she does have a case she should fight her corner.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-24-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hubby doesn't have Celiac but eats a gluten free diet as he is allergic to Wheat and it is the easy way to do it.

I hate EH the twit but was going to order her book. Now I might get both of them and do some comparing of my own
    but it would not surprise me in the least to see her copy she doesn't have an original thought in her body

So why was today's show an "encore presentation"? I know Fridays shows are usually retaped kind of wondered what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3522834;
    I think she is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. People are saying what you said, why did she speak and if she kept quiet people would be asking why she didn't.

LOL I agree, Elisabeth can't win! But really, I am sure she felt she had to say something about the situation and wanted to try and defend herself to her fans. I personally am happy she said something because I was wondering what she was going to ignore it all together.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I was disappointed to see that it was an encore. I was expecting them all to talk about Michael and Farrah. Hoda and Cathy Lee did. I guess the View will do so on Monday.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread