+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #6891
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    583

    Re: The View

    I think this "lawsuit" is a farce.

    And how Sherri chooses to discipline her son is her business.

  2. #6892
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3518868;
    And how Sherri chooses to discipline her son is her business.
    And as she mentioned it on a tv show we are free to discuss it if we wish.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  3. #6893
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: The View

    Threats don't work unless you follow through, and children are smart enough to know that. Sherri and her spoon are what comes from not enacting discipline and consistency very early in the child's life. Had she done that, she wouldn't be carrying around a spoon now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #6894
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3518907;
    Threats don't work unless you follow through, and children are smart enough to know that. Sherri and her spoon are what comes from not enacting discipline and consistency very early in the child's life. Had she done that, she wouldn't be carrying around a spoon now.
    You are absolutely right prhoshay. I'm not a strong advocate of spanking but I'm not totally against it either. Like Whoopi said, a swat on the butt will get their attention. I don't favor using spoons or belts or paddles to spank kids with. I think that makes it easier to actually hurt the child and that isn't your goal when you need to discipline.

    As for today's show, I actually found myself agreeing with Elisabeth about Jon and Kate. I think they need to get those kids off tv. Sherri acts like it's impossible to support a family that large unless they have their show. Well, does anyone remember the McCaughey septuplets? They are 10 years old and their parents have managed to raise them without turning into celebrities to do it. When the babies were first born they received a lot of help. Nannies, diapers, a van, even a house, but I'm not sure what kind of help they get now. And the family tries to stay out of the limelight by not granting interviews except to one or two legitimate outlets. So, yeah, it can be done.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  5. #6895
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,880

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3519063;
    Well, does anyone remember the McCaughey septuplets? They are 10 years old and their parents have managed to raise them without turning into celebrities to do it. When the babies were first born they received a lot of help. Nannies, diapers, a van, even a house, but I'm not sure what kind of help they get now. And the family tries to stay out of the limelight by not granting interviews except to one or two legitimate outlets. So, yeah, it can be done.

    Actually they are 11...the were born a month before my daughter. I don't think I have heard anything from them since the babies were born. Proves it can be done.


    I missed today, the President was smack dab in the middle of the View.

  6. #6896
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,494

    Re: The View

    I was able to watch the View.....The President interrupted my Y&R though!

    Anyway, I get so annoyed when the ladies don't have all the facts. When discussing Jon and Kate today, EH said they have been on TV for SIX years. HUH? If that was the case, they would have had a show before the tups were even conceived and the twins would have been three. Maybe it just seems like the show has been on so long!

    I wonder if they will bring up the lawsuit against EH tomorrow. I didn't hear anything about it on the show today, so maybe the news had not come out on that at the time the show aired.

  7. #6897
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    I doubt they'll mention it on the show, probably best not to.

    I saw some examples of the alleged copyright abuse, and the evidence seems on the weak side to me, but I'm not in the legal profession.

    It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-24-2009 at 06:09 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  8. #6898
    I HATE You! Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,290

    Re: The View

    i believe E* is speaking on it today




  9. #6899
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    driving ballet carpool
    Posts
    465

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3521445;
    I was able to watch the View.....The President interrupted my Y&R though!

    Anyway, I get so annoyed when the ladies don't have all the facts. When discussing Jon and Kate today, EH said they have been on TV for SIX years. HUH? If that was the case, they would have had a show before the tups were even conceived and the twins would have been three. Maybe it just seems like the show has been on so long!

    I wonder if they will bring up the lawsuit against EH tomorrow. I didn't hear anything about it on the show today, so maybe the news had not come out on that at the time the show aired.
    I thought she was meant six seasons which is usually two a year fall and spring, so that would be three years.

  10. #6900
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3522167;
    I thought she was meant six seasons which is usually two a year fall and spring, so that would be three years.
    That's rather convuluted.
    I strongly doubt she meant that, I think she either thought the show had been running for six years or was currently on season six.
    I think she was simply wrong


    I was surprised she mentioned the court case this morning.
    It was just a brief mention to say that it was "without merit" and was being dealt with.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.