+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I think this "lawsuit" is a farce.

And how Sherri chooses to discipline her son is her business.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3518868;
    And how Sherri chooses to discipline her son is her business.
    And as she mentioned it on a tv show we are free to discuss it if we wish.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Threats don't work unless you follow through, and children are smart enough to know that. Sherri and her spoon are what comes from not enacting discipline and consistency very early in the child's life. Had she done that, she wouldn't be carrying around a spoon now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3518907;
    Threats don't work unless you follow through, and children are smart enough to know that. Sherri and her spoon are what comes from not enacting discipline and consistency very early in the child's life. Had she done that, she wouldn't be carrying around a spoon now.
    You are absolutely right prhoshay. I'm not a strong advocate of spanking but I'm not totally against it either. Like Whoopi said, a swat on the butt will get their attention. I don't favor using spoons or belts or paddles to spank kids with. I think that makes it easier to actually hurt the child and that isn't your goal when you need to discipline.

As for today's show, I actually found myself agreeing with Elisabeth about Jon and Kate. I think they need to get those kids off tv. Sherri acts like it's impossible to support a family that large unless they have their show. Well, does anyone remember the McCaughey septuplets? They are 10 years old and their parents have managed to raise them without turning into celebrities to do it. When the babies were first born they received a lot of help. Nannies, diapers, a van, even a house, but I'm not sure what kind of help they get now. And the family tries to stay out of the limelight by not granting interviews except to one or two legitimate outlets. So, yeah, it can be done.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3519063;
    Well, does anyone remember the McCaughey septuplets? They are 10 years old and their parents have managed to raise them without turning into celebrities to do it. When the babies were first born they received a lot of help. Nannies, diapers, a van, even a house, but I'm not sure what kind of help they get now. And the family tries to stay out of the limelight by not granting interviews except to one or two legitimate outlets. So, yeah, it can be done.

Actually they are 11...the were born a month before my daughter. I don't think I have heard anything from them since the babies were born. Proves it can be done.

I missed today, the President was smack dab in the middle of the View.

I was able to watch the View.....The President interrupted my Y&R though!

Anyway, I get so annoyed when the ladies don't have all the facts. When discussing Jon and Kate today, EH said they have been on TV for SIX years. HUH? If that was the case, they would have had a show before the tups were even conceived and the twins would have been three. Maybe it just seems like the show has been on so long!

I wonder if they will bring up the lawsuit against EH tomorrow. I didn't hear anything about it on the show today, so maybe the news had not come out on that at the time the show aired.

I doubt they'll mention it on the show, probably best not to.

I saw some examples of the alleged copyright abuse, and the evidence seems on the weak side to me, but I'm not in the legal profession.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-24-2009 at 06:09 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i believe E* is speaking on it today

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3521445;
    I was able to watch the View.....The President interrupted my Y&R though!

Anyway, I get so annoyed when the ladies don't have all the facts. When discussing Jon and Kate today, EH said they have been on TV for SIX years. HUH? If that was the case, they would have had a show before the tups were even conceived and the twins would have been three. Maybe it just seems like the show has been on so long!

I wonder if they will bring up the lawsuit against EH tomorrow. I didn't hear anything about it on the show today, so maybe the news had not come out on that at the time the show aired.
    I thought she was meant six seasons which is usually two a year fall and spring, so that would be three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3522167;
    I thought she was meant six seasons which is usually two a year fall and spring, so that would be three years.
    That's rather convuluted.
    I strongly doubt she meant that, I think she either thought the show had been running for six years or was currently on season six.
    I think she was simply wrong

I was surprised she mentioned the court case this morning.
    It was just a brief mention to say that it was "without merit" and was being dealt with.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread