+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3505205;
    I was happy to see Joy take the side of Gov. Palin. Maybe now that she has her own show she is broadening her horizons and looking to different sources for her information.
    I think Joy heard about the joke and as a woman was offended by it. Simple as that. I don't agree with her on this one but she had her own opinion and voiced it.

That's the way I took it too, Bunny. As a joke, it was in poor taste (and I truly believe he meant it to be about Bristol not Willow). As a woman and a mom, Joy could understand why SP was upset.

I am just glad that she has finally decided to accept his apology and move on. Now if the people who have started websites, facebook accounts, etc. calling for Letterman to be fired would just shut up and go away, we could all get back to more important things to discuss!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sarah Palin's desperation for media attention is showing.

About Jada Pinkett Smith....her new show HawthoRNe was very well done and worth the watch! I am a fan!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Elisabeth's hypocrisy came out to play again yesterday.
    When David Letterman made his joke about the Palin daughter, Elisabeth called him "a social commentator" who should be responsible for his comments.
    When they were discussing whether hate-mongering Bill O'Reilly might have contributed to the death of Dr Tiller by referring to him as a baby killer, Elisabeth decided that fell under the realm of free speech.
    She really is a piece of work.

When they were talking about the Diane Black's aide, Sherri Goforth, sending out the racist "Historical Keepsake Photo" email, Elisabeth said people send her disgusting, hateful emails that they think she will approve of or be interested in seeing.
    Now, if someone sent me something like that I would have to at least ask myself why that person felt I'd be sympathetic to their cause.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Elizabeth is an idiot.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Gotta love some of the faces Whoopi makes.
    Lauren from The Hills was on the show today and Whoopi asked her a question about her book. Lauren turns her head towards Elizabeth and Sherri to answer the question, never looking at Whoopi (who asked the question). You could see Joy and Whoopi looking at each other with that look of WTH.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3509654;
    Gotta love some of the faces Whoopi makes.
    Lauren from The Hills was on the show today and Whoopi asked her a question about her book. Lauren turns her head towards Elizabeth and Sherri to answer the question, never looking at Whoopi (who asked the question). You could see Joy and Whoopi looking at each other with that look of WTH.
    Maybe she's one of the younger generation who feel that "old people" like Whoopi and Joy aren't relevant any more. I've noticed that more as I myself age (gracefully, I might add ), and find myself thinking back to my younger days and hoping that I didn't behave in such a condescending manner towards older people.

I didn't see the show today. Our ABC affiliate was out all morning because of tornadoes that hit Austin, MN. I guess I didn't miss much because I don't have the slightest idea who "Lauren" even is. I take it she's on the same show as Spenser and what's-her-name. I can't imagine what she would write a book about though.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I didn't catch the entire repartee with Lauren Conrad. I do think that Lauren comes off a lot better than Heidi and Spencer. She seems to be a lot more grounded than the 2 of them.
    I do think that it's obvious when Joy is not pleased with a guest they have on. I did think she should not have corrected Sherri today with biopic vs. bio pic. We all know that Sherri isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier; it was kind of mean spirited for Joy to point out the mispronunciation.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

The mistake Joy made about Jake Gyllenhall (sp?) when Anne Hathaway was on was pretty funny. She got him confused with Joaquin Phoenix, and made reference to when he was acting strange on Letterman. Everyone looked at her like "huh?" Then she was totally embarrassed. I like Joy, but sometimes she doesn't seem to think at all before opening her mouth. I get the feeling all the cohosts want equal time to comment, and it almost doesn't matter to them what they say, as long as they say something. Whoopi might be the only exception to this. As far as correcting Sherri about "biopic," Joy is a former English teacher and probably couldn't help herself. (Not saying that excuses making Sherri feel stupid on national TV.)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3510034;
    I didn't catch the entire repartee with Lauren Conrad. I do think that Lauren comes off a lot better than Heidi and Spencer. She seems to be a lot more grounded than the 2 of them.
    I do think that it's obvious when Joy is not pleased with a guest they have on.
    The segment with Lauren was very entertaining. I would have to agree with you that she does seem pretty grounded based on her responses. She paused a few times which means she was thinking before she spoke and that is pretty cool to me.

Did anyone see it today? Sherri went to the prom it was a very cute segment.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread