+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1518Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I didn't see the actual Letterman show last week when he made that comment about the Palin girl, but my first thought was that it was about the oldest daughter, not the 14 year old. And they do look enough alike that I can see where someone thought it was the oldest one there, not the middle one.

SP should just move on already. She is dragging this out. Letterman gave an apology, invited both Sarah and Todd on his show. Now I am reading how Todd put on his Facebook page that Letterman said A-Rod "raped" rather than "knocked up" BIG difference! Now there are people calling for Letterman to be fired???? Please. He realizes that the joke was in poor taste. Let's put it all to rest.

As for today's show, I have not seen it yet. But as far as Heidi spraying her hair spray all over, I think Whoopi is very allergic to perfumes, etc. and I can see where hair spray could really do her in. I think one time Joy had a new perfume and she wanted to spray it around and Whoopi told her not to, due to allergies IIRC.

I only know of Heidi and Spencer from the times they've been made fun of on the Soup show. And what little (or much) I have seen on the "I'm a celebrity" show.

Alan Colmes (former co-host of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes) makes a great a catch regarding the current feud between David Letterman and Governor Sarah Palin. While Palin has been blasting Letterman all over the airwaves for joking about Yankees star Alex Rodriguez "knocking up" her daughter, Jay Leno told an extremely similar joke during the presidential campaign that resulted in no such uproar:

Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it. -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08
    Leno Told Similar Joke About Palin's Daughter

Admittedly Leno did mention the right daughter in his joke.

Palin and her husband are a disgrace, imo.
    Note she immediately resorts to lies and name-calling, just as she did when running against Obama.
    I blame McCain for unleashing this woman on the world.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3502773;
    I blame McCain for unleashing this woman on the world.
    AMEN, sister! Of all the women politicians who could/should be a standard-bearer for the Republican party on the national and international scene, Sarah Palin should be on the bottom of the list. Plus, IMO, her presence on the Republican ticket, no doubt intended to enliven McCain's appeal and compete with Obama's charisma, backfired big time and buried his campaign ...not that I care. I applauded McCain's bad judgment. She should be put out on an ice floe and kept off my TV screen. The hot-headed over-the-top way she handled the Letterman remark makes me eternally grateful that she is not our vice president, next in line to the presidency.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 06-16-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3504497;
    AMEN, sister! Of all the women politicians who could/should be a standard-bearer for the Republican party on the national and international scene, Sarah Palin should be on the bottom of the list. Plus, IMO, her presence on the Republican ticket, no doubt intended to enliven McCain's appeal and compete with Obama's charisma, backfired big time and buried his campaign ...not that I care. I applauded McCain's bad judgment. She should be put out on an ice floe and kept off my TV screen. The hot-headed over-the-top way she handled the Letterman remark makes me eternally grateful that she is not our vice president, next in line to the presidency.
    Even the thought of Sarah Palin being that close to the Presidency sends chills down my spine.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3504547;
    Even the thought of Sarah Palin being that close to the Presidency sends chills down my spine.
    Yeah it does that woman doesn't have all her chairs pulled up to the table.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ugh, the quote Whoopi read out of Palin accepting Letterman's apology was ridiculous.
    Of course she just had to mention troops and fighting for freedom, she's so predictable, she's Roboditz.
    If Elisabeth thinks that all Letterman needed to say was "I.AM.SORRY.", wouldn't it follow that all Palin needed to do was say "I accept your apology."

I did find it amusing that Elisabeth appointed herself the authority on apologies.
    The one she offered up after her comments about Deepak Chopra was longer than it need to be according to Elisabeth herself and was certainly a lot less sincere that I would have expected it to be.
    They clearly aren't going to make her correct her falsehood, swiped directly from FOX news, that President Obama and didn't mention democracy in his Cairo speech and Babs and Whoopi don't appear to be in any hurry to apologize to the odious, but apparently accurate (on that one issue) Glen Beck after attacking him for his comments about the train journey they took together.
    I don't think anyone on the panel should be lecturing anyone else on how to apologise.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm overjoyed that Whoopi was disgusted at the fauxlebrities. I reckon they were booked because everyone else was busy. As for Palin, she's still pissed at having lost the election. Boo hoo!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't know, I think Sarah Palin would be like Dick Chaney...if she didn't like what you said, she could always shoot you in the face!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3502612;
    I agree.
    I thought Whoopi was on the right track when she tried to open the discussion up to encompass sexual messages in advertising (I'm so sick of hearing the old adage "sex sells"). Elisabeth should be careful about saying how women are adversely affected by images they see in advertising, someone might produce the magazine she was on the cover of in her bikini talking about how she lost her baby weight.

I have to say I am rather impressed by Barbara and the sensitivity she has shown in discussions about transgendered people.
    Quite the contrast to Sherri repeating that "a woman has a vagina" over and over again.
    Clearly the people she has met as a result of her research into the subject have had a positive affect on her and she continues to be more enlightened and accepting than people on the panel who are literally half her age
    That's definitely progress for Barbara---I have an old segment of her newsmag show that had to do with intersexed children and what you should do about them (that is, kids born with ambiguous genitals, or genitals that don't match their chromosomes--do you operate to make them look "normal" right away, or do you wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves what they want to do, since there are definite downsides to the operations), and she gives the "warning" about what is to come up on the next segment in tones that would make you think you were about to see the disemboweled victims of a suicide bomber, up close and personal.

FORT Fogey

I was happy to see Joy take the side of Gov. Palin. Maybe now that she has her own show she is broadening her horizons and looking to different sources for her information.

+ Reply to Thread