+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

She might have just meant adorable looking, although I don't find either of them particularly cute myself.
    I did laugh when they were talking about Playboy and then Heidi said she wanted to be like Mother Teresa and Joy said "A topless Mother Teresa".
    Those two are so delusional.
    They book them every time The View goes to LA for the week and now they book them when Speidi is in New York.
    I did read a comment from Bill Geddie where he said he's, I think he used the word "fascinated" by them.
    They're bleached blond, reality tv contestants who love God and vote Republican, sounds like someone else Bill Geddie appears to be fascinated with.

I wish they'd stop discussing the Palin nonsense.
    I think Barbara and Whoopi finally touched on what I think about the issue, i.e. she's getting a ton of mileage out of it and keeping herself in the public eye.
    The story has gotten far more play because of her reaction to it than the original comment did.
    If she simply wanted to protect her daughter the better course of action might have been to ignore it, imo
    He told a poor joke.
    Jay Leno made a very similar joke about John Edwards and the older Palin daughter (who I think Lettterman intended his joke to be about) and I don't recall Palin responding at all, let alone with the amount of righteous indignation she's shown now.
    Implying he's some kind of sexual deviant is ridiculous, imo.
    I've never understood the "mama bear" mentality.
    Any time a parent goes steaming in to sort out an issue they invariably make it worse, imo.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-15-2009 at 05:49 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Spenser and Heidi were on? Gee, I'm so sorry I missed today's show. (insert sarcasm here)
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3502278;
    I've never understood the "mama bear" mentality.
    Any time a parent goes steaming in to sort out an issue they invariably make it worse, imo.
    Now, I am no Sarah Palin fan. I think she's shown herself to be dumber than a box of hair. I don't know if you have a child/children, but that "mama bear" mentality is one of those things that comes with the territory. If you perceive that someone has slighted your child, in any way, you can be up and out of yourself before you know it. And you will go after a child or an adult, but you will usually do it in different ways, I hope.

My question is, was David Letterman talking about her 14 year old? I didn't get the impression that he was; I thought he was joking about the adult daughter. Did I miss where it's been established that he was talking about the 14 year old? Somehow, I just can't see that.

And I was glad to see Whoop looking as 'pukified' as I felt when Heidi and Spencer were on. It's sad to see what this country values in celebs. These people don't even seem particularly smart.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, I do have children and I still feel no need to respond like some kind of maniac if there is an issue involving any of my children.
    That's not to say I don't defend them, but going into attack mode rarely if ever makes the situation any better and I think doing so is a poor example to your child.

I do think Letterman meant his joke to be about the oldest daughter.
    The two oldest Palin daughter's look very alike.
    Had Palin approached him calmly to say she was upset by the comment and made it clear it was the younger daughter that was at the game with her, I imagine he would have offered an apolgy.
    I think most people would.
    But no, she has to go all 'mama bear' and make the situation even worse by attacking back in a ludicrous manner.
    What does she think she's achieved I wonder?

Wasn't her daughter born in January 1994? Isn't she 15 by now?
    Not that that makes his comment any better, but did she actually get her own daughter's age wrong?
    Last edited by fluff; 06-15-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3502379;
    Now, I am no Sarah Palin fan. I think she's shown herself to be dumber than a box of hair. I don't know if you have a child/children, but that "mama bear" mentality is one of those things that comes with the territory. If you perceive that someone has slighted your child, in any way, you can be up and out of yourself before you know it. And you will go after a child or an adult, but you will usually do it in different ways, I hope.

My question is, was David Letterman talking about her 14 year old? I didn't get the impression that he was; I thought he was joking about the adult daughter. Did I miss where it's been established that he was talking about the 14 year old? Somehow, I just can't see that.

And I was glad to see Whoop looking as 'pukified' as I felt when Heidi and Spencer were on. It's sad to see what this country values in celebs. These people don't even seem particularly smart.

Whoopi looked totally disgusted.
    Never mind - particularly smart - they are both dumber than dirt.
    Unfortunately, they are both manipulators and spinners.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3502349;
    Spenser and Heidi were on? Gee, I'm so sorry I missed today's show. (insert sarcasm here)
    i seen a brief portion of that

i think this may be the first time in history that people have told them that they are basically useless and are just "famous for being famous" and don't really do anything and they need to get out of this stage or they will be broke and have nothing to fall back on

whoopi and bw basically told them the truth

i wonder if inside H/S felt insulted

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3502379;

What I got out of it all was that he thought it was Bristol at the ball game, hence the joke. It turned out it was the 14 year old that was at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3502434;

Nah, I think they are too dumb to be insulted.

3 knuckleheads I cannot stand, Sarah Palin, Heidi and Spencer Pratt. Losers, in more ways than 1. These 3 will do anything for publicity, attention.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3502565;
    3 knuckleheads I cannot stand, Sarah Palin, Heidi and Spencer Pratt. Losers, in more ways than 1. These 3 will do anything for publicity, attention.
    I agree.
    I thought Whoopi was on the right track when she tried to open the discussion up to encompass sexual messages in advertising (I'm so sick of hearing the old adage "sex sells"). Elisabeth should be careful about saying how women are adversely affected by images they see in advertising, someone might produce the magazine she was on the cover of in her bikini talking about how she lost her baby weight.

I have to say I am rather impressed by Barbara and the sensitivity she has shown in discussions about transgendered people.
    Quite the contrast to Sherri repeating that "a woman has a vagina" over and over again.
    Clearly the people she has met as a result of her research into the subject have had a positive affect on her and she continues to be more enlightened and accepting than people on the panel who are literally half her age.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3502434;
    i seen a brief portion of that

i think this may be the first time in history that people have told them that they are basically useless and are just "famous for being famous" and don't really do anything and they need to get out of this stage or they will be broke and have nothing to fall back on

I don't think Heidi or Spencer would know an insult if it landed in their laps. They were oblivious to anything Whoopi said, just kept promoting themselves

+ Reply to Thread