+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Of course one downside of establishing that your job is one that can be done from home is that it is then vulnerable to outsourcing! After all, these days it doesn't matter where the "home" is....

"The work load was considerably higher back before presnet time" People literally did work from sun up to sun down, in the past. And it was physical work, and hard, when you factor in that there was no central heating or air conditioning--brutal. There was no down time, except maybe Sundays in some areas. There was no entertainment except for occasions like weddings, coronations, and other far and few between things. God help you if you got ill or maimed and couldnt work. You would just die somewhere, without welfare or social services, and medical knowledge of the past was severely lacking.
    I am glad I do not live in those times.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw a bit of "Sherri's show", Less Than Perfect....."EL STUPIDE"!!! I thought that she was putting a new show out there instead of something from 2004 being put out there again. What a waste of airtime!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

She does have a new show that is supposed to be airing in the fall.

FORT Fogey

EH was as stupid as ever this morning when they were discussing the President's speech in Cairo.

All she could do was repeat--several times--what the Republican "commentators" are saying about the speech.

Whoopi got really annoyed with her because Sherri was trying to say something and EH just kept going on and on saying the same thing.
    Finally Whoopi said--loudly--"Sherri wants to say something"--and finally EH shut up.

Couldn't they get a Republican who actually thinks before she speaks?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3483477;
    Couldn't they get a Republican who actually thinks before she speaks?
    That's what I'd like to know. Maybe they are in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3483151;
    Saw a bit of "Sherri's show", Less Than Perfect....."EL STUPIDE"!!! I thought that she was putting a new show out there instead of something from 2004 being put out there again. What a waste of airtime!
    Umm...it's called syndication...where everything from 'I Love Lucy' to 'The Sopranos' is shown. New does not always equal better. 'ILL' and 'TS' are two of the best TV shows ever made and should always be 'put out there.'
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3483618;
    That's what I'd like to know. Maybe they are in short supply.
    I thought Megan MCCain was one of the better fill-ins they've had for Elisabeth.
    I have a few issues with the way she speaks, but although I don't agree with most of her opinions I find her quite patalable.
    All the panellists have quirks that irritate me to a greater or lesser extent.
    McCain also fills the unmarried, childless, 20-something role that hasn't been represented on this show for quite some time.
    I don't think any one of the panellists has enough of an upside to make them irreplaceable.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3483688;
    Umm...it's called syndication...where everything from 'I Love Lucy' to 'The Sopranos' is shown. New does not always equal better. 'ILL' and 'TS' are two of the best TV shows ever made and should always be 'put out there.'
    I totally agree, and I can't get enough of either!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They must have had all of 5-10 minutes of hot topics today.

+ Reply to Thread