+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 1118 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374757677781181685681068 ... LastLast
Like Tree1528Likes

Thread: The View

I think that The View has "jumped the shark". Too many personnel changes that won't keep their audience.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I think so, too. One person leaving is a blow. Two leaving is pretty much the final blow. And the young lady on there today has very little to contribute. I'd like to see someone with a few more years, and life experiences, under their belt.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Her life experience includes having gotten pregnant without first 'being' married and then making up a lie with her then bf that they were indeed married to protect her good girl image. Whatever! Children aren't lesser beings for being born outside of a marriage. I used to like her alot but now i see her differently.
    Very starish in a way, huh?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Stars got a job.

I was watching CNN last night and during the showbiz sectons a columnist from the NY Daily News was commenting with the host about the Star Jones firing and that while Barbara ended up not looking good, she has so much credibility because of the longevity of her career that in the long run the entire situation did not really hurt her that much. Star on the other hand is a newbiw compared to Barbara and needs to watch it. Also the host mentioned that Star has a new job as the host for HGTV's House Hunters. What my jaw hit the ground that is such a comedown for Star I couldn't believe it. Cable TV, a viewing audience of only 1 or 2 million compared to what the View normally gets. What a come down.

Also, next weeks TV Guide had a small article about a TV exec being interested in developing a show with Star but feeling hesitent because of the way Star reacted when she decided to go out with a bang instead of a whimper. Who needs the attitude.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Awww, dammit. I love House Hunters, but there's no way that I'll watch it with Star as the host. I can't bear the thought of hearing her voice throughout the show.

But yeah... quite the comedown. Heh. I just wish they would have just picked a different peg for her.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

NOOO, not my House Hunters! I like Suzanne Whang as the host. Well I won't let Star keep me from one of my favorite shows. I'll just tape it and fast forward over her parts!

Okay..... good news. Star is only hosting next week's New York edition of the show. I love NYC enough where I'll be able to stomach her for five short half hour shows.

After that it's back to Suzanne Whang.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Okay..... good news. Star is only hosting next week's New York edition of the show. I love NYC enough where I'll be able to stomach her for five short half hour shows.

She'll be on the air that quick??? Wow. Curiousity will make me watch it if I remember with all the new summer shows premiering that week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't get that show, but no matter how popular, or unpopular it is, I can't help but think that it's sort of a good deal for Star right now. She needs to try and keep her name and face out there so that she isn't forgotten. Maybe the right job will come along.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post

Thanks for the update. I also enjoy House Hunters, but if Star were to become the new permanent host, I would quit watching the show. I don't understand why she is hosting the New York week. I didn't think she was that popular. She failed on the red carpet and she failed at the Lifetime engagement/wedding show she had during her own engagement and wedding. Star needs to find a legal show STAT and stop trying to be a celebrity just to be a celebrity.

+ Reply to Thread