+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

That was a great show today with a tremendous amount of info.
    They devoted the entire hour to info and tips about looking for a job.(they didn't even do any hot topics)

If you are looking for a job or you know someone who is--please see if you can access today's show online.

I wish I'd known how good it was going to be--I would have told people about it ahead of time.

There is a lot of info about what they talked about at their website through ABC.

It was a really good show -- the information was so specific. It's so easy to just go with generals that sound good during the show but leave people afterward going "Okay, wait... now what am I supposed to do again?" I like especially that they highlight what industries are hiring.

Tori Spelling is on the View today to talk about the book "Mommyhood." It should be a good show!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These broads sure are pushy about Tory's relationship with her mother. Very inappropriate. I'm glad to see Whoopi staying out of it (and, if she had a comment, I missed it).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The discussion about Jamie Foxx's comments about Miley Cyrus today was as unwatchable a piece of tv as I think I've ever seen.

They all seemed to be talking at once and the decibel level just got higher as each person trampled over everyone else to make their point.
    There really does need to be more order to these discussion. It was practically impossible to hear what each of them was saying.
    As moderator, Whoopi needs to take charge and let everyone who wishes to speak take their turn instead of having everyone butt in as soon as they disagree with what someone else is saying.

Also, regarding the Britain's Got Talent contestant, Babs wanted Whoopi to reveal the "surprise" to us as if we're too stoopid to catch on.
    The whole point was that people would take one look at her and dismiss her and that Simon would give a stinging critique. Babs seemed to want Whoopi to tell us before we even watched the clip that that was not what happened.

Goog God, woman, I tihnk msot of us can just about follow the plot without you spelling it out ahead of time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I found Joy quite obnoxious about the British singer.

She thinks they should "do something with her" when the whole point is that we shouldn't pre-judge people by how they look--and that not all singers should look alike.

heck---even Elisabeth got that.

Whoopi's body language was very indicative when Joy was talking--Whoopi had her lips pressed tightly together-the usual sign for--"I am going to try very very hard to keep my mouth shut."

FORT Fogey

Joy came across to me yesterday as having a lot of tension surrounding her. YOu could see it with Whoopi during the Britain's Got Talent discussion, and you could see it with everyone during the Jamie Foxx discussion. She seemed WAY too sensitive when Barbara made the crack about "If I make people mad in the future, I'll just tell them I'm a comedian". I have to admit, it confused me the way that Joy was talking as if she and she alone could bring the comic's perspective to the table ... so much so that she felt she didn't even need to listen to Whoopi's point. There was definitely some tension there.

This show has been really suck-y this week. Seems worse than usual.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Back to say that the show about the job market industry was a good show, and well worth the price of admission!

Jesus, another cacophony this morning during the discussion about Hulk Hogan's comments about his divorce.
    Babs and Sherri were having what passes for an exchange on this show, i.e. both talking at the same time, Joy and Whoopi seemed to be having their own discussion off to the side and despite all this Elisabeth decides to start running on about Hulk's wrestling moves, complete with arms in the air. Her voice wasn't necessarily louder than anyone elses, but when there's already two people talking at the same time her also adding her two cents made it impossible to discern much of anything. It was all just noise.
    Now, I realize they have constraints that a group of women chatting at home or work wouldn't have. We don't have to worry about going to break, don't have to leave time to shoe-horn in a giveaway etc. but this deliberate talking over each other seems to be getting worse.

Using Elisabeth's wrestling comment as an example, that was not something vital to the conversation by any means. She was not correcting mis-information, wasn't defending her position on the issue, she just couldn't contain her desire to blurt something out.
    She is by no means the only one who does it, Joy is a great derailer of conversations when she feels the need to throw in one of her stabs at humour, the Elisabeth example is just fresh in my mind as it happened today.
    Considering how often Babs has said she hates the cross-talk, lately I've felt it's been far worse when she's there.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-17-2009 at 06:57 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

They should put her in a headlock.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread