+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3400561;

Now, as for the show today, I think the flight simulator was pointless.
    It seems as though Whoopi did the bulk of her meaningful training yesterday and I don't see how anything that happened during that segment today an have possibly help her fear of flying.
    It was so frantic with Bitsy screeching and barely shutting up through the entire piece.
    It put me on edge and I have no fear of flying but I do now have a fear of being seated next to that banshee.

You and me both. I'm a good flyer but once I was seated beside a woman (whom I did not know) who was deathly afraid and she had her rosary out and prayed loudly during the entire taxiing and take off and tried to clutch my arm.

I got up and moved even though that earned me a criticism from the flight attendent.

I don't fly nervous and I am not going to sit next to someone who tries to "put me in that mood."

If I ever saw EH on the same plane as mine I would get off and find a different flight. What she did today was beyond rude.

I hope someone on the show mentions her bad behavior and asks her about it.

I can dream can't I?

Has anyone ever seen an episode of The View where both the moderator at the time and Barbara were absent?

I was wondering, because I assume Joy would be next in line to moderate (due to longevity) but I do not recall that ever happening.

I remember Gayle King moderating once, but I don't recall the circumstances.
    It must have been after Rosie's early exit and before Whoopi took the seat.
    All I do recall is that a) Joy appeared to have no interest in moderating, which might have changed since her guest hosting stints on LKL and b) Gayle was pretty good. I was hoping she might take the job permanently.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think it would be very difficult for Joy, Elisabeth or Sherri to step into the moderator's role - especially Joy and Elisabeth. Even though the moderator participates in the discussions and contributes her own point of view, because of the role, she's got to back off a bit. If Whoopi was as vocal about every issue as Elisabeth and Joy, then she'd drown out the opportunities for others to talk. I think that at its core, that was the big problem with Rosie. If you pose a question, and right away give your own answer, then intentional or not, you've killed some of the opportunity for others to give their own answer. I think that Elisabeth and Joy enjoy being outspoken, and It hink the show likes them being that way. I don't think that for any of them its woth the sacrifice of giving that up.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Vacation week, right?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't know.

Is today's show about teens and their lifestyles and problems a repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3404260;
    I don't know.

Is today's show about teens and their lifestyles and problems a repeat?
    Yep. It was boring the first time I saw it so I turned it off.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3404314;
    Yep. It was boring the first time I saw it so I turned it off.

Thanks for the info. I must have blinked when they put the"Encore presentation" sign up.

I watched the portion aboiut compouters in case there was something they said that I didn't know.

But nope--I guess I am current--even on the internet lingo.

Vacation week. I checked my guide and all week is repeats.

I must not have seen it before, but recognized it must not be a repeat when they were talking about Rhianna and Chris Brown being involved, and what a cutie Chris is!

My commentary: The show WAS boring....(even the first time)

+ Reply to Thread