+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3026Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3397071;
    Wonder how many people on here use Twitter? The ladies make the conversations on Twitter sound inane. What is the point? If I wanted all of that idiocy, I'd answer the phone....which I don't!

Facebook creeps me out, too. Friends keep sending me invitations to join; I guess they don't know me as well as I thought they did.

I am hearing more and more instances of people's Facebook accounts being hacked. It is apparently not that hard to do and what the hackers do is identity theft not only of the Facebook member but of anyone whose emails they can grab onto by hacking into the initial profile.

Elisabeth's sudden over-enthusiasm for Twitter was so typical of the way she gets about anything she likes, she'll act as though she can't live without it and will defend it to the hilt. She's been Twittering for three days and as of earlier today had posted four messages, yet you'd think she invented it by the way she was acting today.

I've heard even setting your myspace/facebook to private does not guarantee privacy. People should be very careful what they post on those pages.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Veruka

There are so many TV and radio shows with hosts who are all the sudden Twittering that I don't think its coincedence. I think that Twitter is likely forming partnerships with various media outlets to get personalities to Twitter. It would make sense. The hosts uses it to develop devotion in their fans, and Twitter gets a wider audience in return. If that is the case, then Elisabeth's over-enthusiasm can be explained as being paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3397222;
    There are so many TV and radio shows with hosts who are all the sudden Twittering that I don't think its coincedence. I think that Twitter is likely forming partnerships with various media outlets to get personalities to Twitter. It would make sense. The hosts uses it to develop devotion in their fans, and Twitter gets a wider audience in return. If that is the case, then Elisabeth's over-enthusiasm can be explained as being paid for.
    true

i noticed watching the cable news that they been pluggin their twitters constantly

the whole things seem stupid to me, but then again i don't do the whole myspace/facebook thing either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The one positive thing I've heard about Twitter was about the first time I'd heard of it, when some kid was arrested somewhere in the 3rd world and he used Twitter to tell his friends as it happened, which lead to TPTB learning about it quickly and rescueing him, and eventually I think also his interpreter.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i have no interest in twitter ... but i do like facebook because i've reconnected with a lot of old friends and classmates ... some of them from 30 years ago.

as for people's facebooks being hacked, it wouldn't happen if they weren't stupid enough to click on a link that someone else's hacked account posted. but alas, there's newbies online all the time so yeah, they don't know about practicing safe clicking yet.

FORT Fogey

There has been a lot of talk about Twitter on a lot of different shows--from morning news shows to late night shows that advertise their own Twitter sites.

Sometimes it takes so long for them to list all the different ways you can access their news that it's like a separate news story.

It seems that GMA and another morning show both did stories on twitter in the same week.

Oh--and most of the entertainment news shows have had stories on it too--one last week was tallking about "Twitter addicts" and wondered if John Meyer was one because he was tweeting about his break-up with Jennifer Anniston. Also they wondered if Aston Kutcher was behaving inappropriately because he was tweeting while riding his motorbike.

Now that I think about it ABC seems to have been one of the big advocates of Twitter. I can now think of a number of stories/mentions theyv'e done on a number of different shows including The View and a long report on Twitter's founders on Nightline.

That's in addition to several stories on GMA in which the hosts tried their hand at tweeting.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hey! Let us curmudgeons not forget that the verb for "Twitter" is "tweet"/"tweeting", not "twittering". Congrats steppe on your proper usage!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

although i have not intention to use twitter with anyone, i think i'd rather tweet with elisabeth than be forced to listen to the sound of her vioce. i bet dogs can hear her in the swiss alps.

what is twitter anyway?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread