+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I got the impression Elisabeth was looking for more support from BillO today when she brought up the subject of Pres Obama's comment on Leno.
    BillO seemed like he could not have been less interested in discussing it. He seemed to rather dismiss her.

I didn't see much conversation about her clothing line.
    I have heard rumour that a worker for QVC said she had to our over the information about the outfits before going on camera there because she didn't actually design any of the looks.
    I have no idea if this is true or not.

I didn't much like anything shown in her line.
    You could walk into many a store and buy almost identical outfits at lower prices and perhaps even get pants that didn't bunch horribly round the crotch area like some pairs of Elisabeth's did.

I also heard she didn't sell-out of anything completely as they seemed to imply she did.
    She might have sold out of some items in some sizes, but there was no true complete sell-out of anything.
    Again, I have no idea if this is true.
    I don't get QVC and have no idea what would appeal to a QVC customer.
    She might have had a bumper evening and made thousands

As for Babs, I think you might well be right, Veruka, this could be a last hurrah for her.
    I do think she should at the very least exit rom this program because she just doesn't seem able to keep up with pace of the conversation.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think the Twitter Wars are hilarious.

The two more thoughtful people on the show--Joy and Whoopi are saying they don't have time to do it--and the two airheads just love it.

Nuff said.

And Bill O is a boring old narrow-minded and prejudiced white guy who is nothing but one big hugely over-inflated ego.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3397053;
    I think the Twitter Wars are hilarious.

The two more thoughtful people on the show--Joy and Whoopi are saying they don't have time to do it--and the two airheads just love it.

Nuff said.

And Bill O is a boring old narrow-minded and prejudiced white guy who is nothing but one big hugely over-inflated ego.
    I think that in Whoopi's case, the anti-twitter thing may not be a matter of time, but rathe a matter of security. For all the celebs who are doing it, I've heard many say they never will, because they think it is just inviting stalkers and other threats to safety. Given some of the comments she's made about privacy and security in the past, I could see Whoopi citing time in front of the cameras, but citing security behind the scenes.

FORT Fogey

Oh--and when far-right guys like Bill O don't have an answer to a really good question--like the one Whooppi asked today--"Why did we leave Afghanistan to go into Iraq?"

Bill O "replied" by saying--as so many Bush supporters are now saying--"Let's move past that. We're beyond that now."

Do they know how stupid and cowardly it makes them sound?

And every time he opens his mouth about the economy he shows that he knows nothing--he has his opinions--which are based on nothing--he just talks louder than anyone else and he won't let anyone else disagree wtih him.

Oh--and he just said--again--as soon as someone said "Iraq" (as in the cost of) he said--"That's over. Let' move on."

He has nothing of substance to contribute--I really don't know how he's lasted so long just blowing hot air.
    Too bad BW was on today-Whoopi and Joy would have taken carfe of him if she hadn 't been there.
    Last edited by steppemaster; 03-30-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonder how many people on here use Twitter? The ladies make the conversations on Twitter sound inane. What is the point? If I wanted all of that idiocy, I'd answer the phone....which I don't!

Facebook creeps me out, too. Friends keep sending me invitations to join; I guess they don't know me as well as I thought they did.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3388514;
    And did show off her cleavage nicely.
    Am I the only one who feels that Sherri's life would be easier if she got a breast reduction? She is so tiny!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3397094;
    Am I the only one who feels that Sherri's life would be easier if she got a breast reduction? She is so tiny!
    I know she loves her big chest, but since she slimmed down she looks even more out of proportion.
    She rarely looks nice in anything they put her in because of it, although some of the outfits they pick for her are ridiculous.
    They could dress her much better for the proportions she has.

As for Twitter, I don't use it. I don't see the point of it at all.

I was surprised that BillO was on yet again today.
    It doesn't feel like it was that long ago since he was last on.
    They seemed to be going through a slump a few months back and looked to be struggling to get any big names on the show.
    That's the time they fall back on old faves like BillO, who appears to have never seen a chance for publicity he didn't like, and Regis.

They then had a green patch where they were booking some big names, but things might be falling off again.
    Reese Witherspoon was doing the rounds recently, but didn't stop by The View.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not a big fan of Bill O'Reilly, but he did make some spot on comments today. He talked about Obama not meaning anything mean by the bowling / special olympics comment, but, nevertheless, the media and everyone pick up on it. Said similar about Twitter, etc.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I am so over people and their self-absorption. That's who twitter is directed at.
    Fluff, i wasn't the least bit impressed with ditzy's black pants and blouses. I've already seen some of that at the boutiques i frequent. Please.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3397094;

I had a friend in college who was as out of proportion as Sherri is. She had terrible backaches constantly.

And just as bad--no one took her seriously about what a difficult problem such large breasts were.

Lots of guys thought the whole thing was a joke.

She suffered a lot both physically and emotionally.

+ Reply to Thread