+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1811Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3392394;
    They have been doing this periodically--for no reason that has been given.

But sometimes guests are at the table and sometimes they're at the chairs.

I had thought it was mostly any "expert" they were interviewing who ended up at the table--but as far as I know Ray Liotta isn't an expert on anything but lookin' good.
    That's the kind of expert I can get behind, and in front of, and on top of ........
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3392416;
    That's the kind of expert I can get behind, and in front of, and on top of ........

Me too!

About today's show--all week BW has been flapping her gums about all sorts of personal things but now that Whoopi's back BW is back to trying to rein eveyone in.

Party-pooper!

What I just read on Perez:
    Is Barbara Walters ready to retire?

The 79-year-old television legeng will reportedly be done with TV later this year.

In fact, she's telling friends already that once her ABC contract expires shortly, she'll be calling it quits. Apparently, Walters is "burned out" and ready to relax.

We don't blame her. She's 79!

An inside source said, "Barbara's thought long and hard over whether she wants to extend her contract when it expires with ABC this summer. It's left her with many sleepless nights. ABC sees her as one of its marquee female stars and would like to see her continue, but Barbara's decided she's 'done it all - many times over' and wants some time for herself."

Wooo hooooo! Less Babs with her vibrator talk on The View
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3393462;
    What I just read on Perez:

This is too funny when it's read with your sig line as it appears here

Last edited by Bunny555; 03-26-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: ETA: And I agree!!

When Spencer Grammer was on, she sat on the couch. Her dress was butt ugly and rather short. I kept watching to see how she was sitting, placing her hands, crossing her legs and, fortunately for her, she did not have a wardrobe malfunction.

I was surprised to read that she's 79. Damn she looks good. Now if she'd just shut up occasionally.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Angela Lansbury is on the View this morning! I love her, she's such a staple of my childhood, between Beauty and the Beast and Murder She Wrote. It'll be cool to see her promoting her play on broadway.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3393619;
    I was surprised to read that she's 79. Damn she looks good. Now if she'd just shut up occasionally.
    Barb looks good? To whom? The overly stretched face and glued on hair scare me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What have we done to be subjected to BW so very much lately? I'm tellin' ya' it just ain't fair!!

She walked out at the end of the group, today, and I said a very baaaad word!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3397001;
    What have we done to be subjected to BW so very much lately? I'm tellin' ya' it just ain't fair!!

She walked out at the end of the group, today, and I said a very baaaad word!!
    If the reports that she's preparing to retire are true, I think that's the explanation. It would make sense that she'd be trying to get as much in as possible before she's done. it would also make sense that she'd be involved in fewer and fewer other projects that would take her time away from The View. It's also entirely possible that her possible retirement is something being pushed more by ABC than by BW herself, which would add to her desire to be a part of as much as she can before it's all over.

+ Reply to Thread