+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3390437;
    Sadly, I heard it. They were talking about women not buying luxury items these days and Babs piped up with "vibrators aren't a luxury, they are a necessity!" with all of the eagerness of a lap puppy

That's right. I knew it was something that awful. I don't think there is enough brain bleach in the world to wipe that out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3390222;
    These two-faced witches need to be thrown off the air.

It is not uncommon for people to use 'Special Olympics' as part of a joke. I personally know of no one who does it maliciously. Obama got caught up trying to be funny. He realized the gaff and apologized for the mistake. Get over it!

As to the other three, if this were McCain, or any other Republican, they'd be on him like white on rice. And they wouldn't try to be as polite as EH was. They'd be just plain nasty and vindictive.

I need to continually remind myself, when channel surfing during the day, avoid The View.
    I have to agree. I may not agree with her on the subject, but I have to give Elisabeth credit for consistency. When anyone in the public eye is caught making a comment deemed controversial by some, Elisabeth takes the same position -- it was unacceptable and bad and the person needs to deal with it. As I was listening to Sherri and Joy talking about the motivations, putting the comments in context, and judging the man by his past behavior and not just one single remark, I was left wondering where those standards were when Don Imus made his remarks. I'm pretty sure I remember a declaraton back then that his charity work etc really didn't matter because of what he'd said. Now I happen to agree with what Sheri and Joy were saying yesterday. I think that some have blown Obama's comment out of proportion, that the full context of his character should be judged and not one single comment, and that he should be forgiven for it. I just with that they'd apply that same standard to ALL people who make a public verbal flub, and not just those who they like and support.

On the spilled water thing, I will give Elisabeth a pass. I had read about it here before watching it, which helps at times I think when watching the details of an event like that. I think that Elisabeth intended to drip a tiny splash of water on the table to make her point, but FAR more spilled out than she intended. She looked as flustered by what really happened as Joy and Barbara did to me.

And I'll voice my agreement and wish that when Whoopi was out, they'd let one of the other women moderate instead of Barbara. She's just a horrible moderator. I can handle her contributing to discussions, even though I like the days she's not there better. But as a moderator, she's horrendous. She's too out of touch, and doesn't seem to grasp that because she's the big boss woman, she squelches the others from really saying what they wish in a way that other moderators don't do.
    Last edited by Veruka; 03-24-2009 at 10:03 AM.

That's just "eeeewwwwwwwww"!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3390222;
    These two-faced witches need to be thrown off the air.

It is not uncommon for people to use 'Special Olympics' as part of a joke. I personally know of no one who does it maliciously. Obama got caught up trying to be funny. He realized the gaff and apologized for the mistake. Get over it!

As to the other three, if this were McCain, or any other Republican, they'd be on him like white on rice. And they wouldn't try to be as polite as EH was. They'd be just plain nasty and vindictive.

I need to continually remind myself, when channel surfing during the day, avoid The View.
    It is VERY uncommon among my friends to joke about Special Olympics. Those young people work two or three times as hard to do their best and do not deserve the president or anyone else making fun of their efforts. I don't think many parents of special kids are likely to "Get over it!". Trying to be funny at the expense of special needs folks isn't all that funny to many of us.

Was it really necessary to replay the vibrator clip from yesterday? I am going to have nightmares for years over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3391262;
    Was it really necessary to replay the vibrator clip from yesterday? I am going to have nightmares for years over that one.
    Well I missed it both days, thank goodness. What WAS she thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3391553;
    Well I missed it both days, thank goodness. What WAS she thinking?
    Consider yourself lucky. Of course today she tried to pass it off by saying she wasn't talking about herself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Ray Liotta looks enough like Larry Hagman to be his son.

And why is everybody being greeted at the table today, instead of the sofa? If I'm going to watch celebs () I like to see how tall they are, in relation to the women.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-25-2009 at 12:47 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was wondering that, too, especially after Ray Liotta mentioned it... but I wonder if one of them is having problems getting up and down today. Either their dress was deemed too short (but then wouldn't they have something in wardrobe?) or they're having back problems, or ?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

They have been doing this periodically--for no reason that has been given.

But sometimes guests are at the table and sometimes they're at the chairs.

I had thought it was mostly any "expert" they were interviewing who ended up at the table--but as far as I know Ray Liotta isn't an expert on anything but lookin' good.

+ Reply to Thread