+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374751151655651065 ... LastLast
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    And this statement comes from the same Elizabeth who has, on numerous occasions, said that she hides in the bathroom, brushing her teeth, etc., to avoid having sex with her husband! Now that is funny!
    yep ... cuz we all know that it's ohhhh so much better to avoid the issue than to just come out and be honest and say "i'm not in the mood tonight".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'll be glad when Rosie gets there; maybe hot topics will pick up. I don't think the crew that is currently on the panel have the ability to make it interesting. It was a sad day today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It really was dull today.
    I'm not taking anything away from Barbara and all that she has achieved in her career, but I really think she's long past her prime.
    She just doesn't have the skill that Meredith had in keeping those Hot Topics subjects flowing.
    The segment just lurches along and it seems as though everyday they end up devoting some time to laughing at a slip up Barabara has made.
    Today she said "Tex Mex" instead of "text messaging".
    They then laugh about how out of touch she is (ignoring the fact that that's kind of the problem) then any impetus the segment had gets lost and they have to build from scratch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    candor, that article pretty much says what I've felt all along. I think they're all in the wrong, I just feel that I expect more from Barbara since I've always respected her as a news woman. Now, I never would again. No matter how she tries to spin it, I will always consider her a liar.
    It sums up my feelings about Barbara Walters, too. She's always been more of a marketer than a journalist (witness the joke that is her "most fascinating people" specials). But this episode shows the degree to which she's willing to lie for appearance sake. I can understand this to an extent -- she was in the role of boss rather than journalist -- but after Star dropped the bomb she kept up the facade with the phony, "How long are you going to be with us?" I didn't trust her before and I really don't trust her now.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    It really was dull today.
    I'm not taking anything away from Barbara and all that she has achieved in her career, but I really think she's long past her prime.
    She just doesn't have the skill that Meredith had in keeping those Hot Topics subjects flowing.
    The segment just lurches along and it seems as though everyday they end up devoting some time to laughing at a slip up Barabara has made.
    Today she said "Tex Mex" instead of "text messaging".
    They then laugh about how out of touch she is (ignoring the fact that that's kind of the problem) then any impetus the segment had gets lost and they have to build from scratch again.
    I have thought for a while that she's past her prime. It's sad and I'd much rather she'd just hang it up than to stay around and become a laughing stock. She was a very respected newswoman for many years, but now she just seems to be a starstruck old lady.

Timing is everything, be it in delivering a punch line, or in realizing that your time has come, and gone. Barbara's pretty much left standing at the station watching the train depart. She needs to stop waving at the disappearing train and head for home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Well put, Muduh!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Indeed...I don't know why Barbara messes with it all anyway either! At 74? with her career? I wouldn't give myself the headache! lol!

And no...I have never been a Star fan either......I knew she would end up leaving too (sooner rather than later).....it really doesn't surprise me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post
    yep ... cuz we all know that it's ohhhh so much better to avoid the issue than to just come out and be honest and say "i'm not in the mood tonight".
    Because that's somehow much more violating your "vow" to have sex whenever he wants to than hiding in the bathroom with your toothbrush. Does her husband watch this show? Do his friends? His friends' wives? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Because that's somehow much more violating your "vow" to have sex whenever he wants to than hiding in the bathroom with your toothbrush. Does her husband watch this show? Do his friends? His friends' wives? Yikes.

She might be getting a divorce soon with this talk. I don't watch the show much anymore but reading all these post say its best not to watch at all. It's a lucky thing I just watch it for the bachelor thing when they are appearing. She is an embarassment to her husband if that is the way she feels, and voice it out in public, why not discuss it with him and come to some comprise. I may start to wonder if she even loves him or just with him because he was going to be a football star.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3 View Post
    She might be getting a divorce soon with this talk. I don't watch the show much anymore but reading all these post say its best not to watch at all. It's a lucky thing I just watch it for the bachelor thing when they are appearing. She is an embarassment to her husband if that is the way she feels, and voice it out in public, why not discuss it with him and come to some comprise. I may start to wonder if she even loves him or just with him because he was going to be a football star.
    That's one thing I don't get, Kathy Lee and her replacement on Regis did/do it. Elizabeth and Star do it. Why discuss how much sex/prowess there husbands get/have or other personal stuff on TV like they do. Doesn't it come back to bite you in the butt eventually. I mean Kathy Lee Gifford was publicly humiliated when it turns out her hubby was cheating on her and Star' hubby is a bisexual she married after knowing only 3 months. Talk about a marriage of convience.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread