+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1811Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

bfd, is that you in your avatar?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yep
    i like to make people smile/laugh at work ... just wait till you see my fuzzy bunny ears for easter.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3388680;
    i happen to LOVE whoopie's sense of style ... it's closer to my tastes than the others.
    I agree, bfd! I admire that Whoopi wears what she wants and what is comfortable! Good for her! It MUST be so hard being in the mainstream media. I have little tolerance for the "fashionistas" of the world.... as there are so much more important things to be focusing on than "what you are wearing". Yes, fashion is fun, but it should not be defining, nor relevant in the global picture. MOST of the people in this world live with far less than the latest in "dress-up" world. Please. I was raised to believe that the measure of person is by "who" they are, rather than by what they do for work or what they wear. And I teach my children that worshipping fashion is a shallow, small-minded task.

Don't get me wrong, I like to look nice and wear nice clothes too. It just does NOT define me. Nor do I ever judge someone by what they wear (or what they weigh).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3388568;
    I didn't mind the orange too much, it is the major in color this season and E looks good in orange and the big cheap stuff is in too. So it was sort of playful and over the top. I just bought a smokin orangey bag with light gold trim and handles and I love it!!

I do wish they had gotten more into the conversation with Sherri yesterday too and for once I didn't mind BW's comments. She pointed out there are a number of black people on evening shows and it is not ever going to be all of the shows. And I think Sherri needs to realize she just named two or three shows that featured all black casts that are being canceled. What she needs to realize is they are are not being canceled because they are black cast shows but obviously no one watched them. One of the most popular shows as pointed out has several black people in leads (Grey's Anatomy). Why not just cast good shows with who ever instead of trying to cast just because of race. There is an entire network devoted to Black entertainment. Then it was pointed out to her that one of the top rated shows Oprah and the View have black hosts and that was only day time to her.
    Look at the cosby's it was a great show about a funny and fun family who just happened to be black. I never thought of it as a show about a " black" family. I just don't think she should complain there are no shows when in fact there are and they are being canceled because noone is watching them.
    Greys Anatomy and The Cosby show are two shows out of thousands. And I have witnesses plenty of shows with majority African Amer. cast that have had very large and loyal fanbase and great ratings be moved to horrible timeslots for no good reason and eventually cancelled. Producers have even spoken out about it. I understand very well what Sheri was getting at. Maybe its just not an issue that's on your radar.
    I'm not sure how BET fits into the discussion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3388680;
    i happen to LOVE whoopie's sense of style ... it's closer to my tastes than the others.
    She's the only one I can identify with on that show as far as wardrobe is concerned. I would absolutely hate a job that required me to struggle into panty hose every day. The jeans and tennies are right up my alley. That's my daily wardrobe.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3388806;
    Greys Anatomy and The Cosby show are two shows out of thousands. And I have witnesses plenty of shows with majority African Amer. cast that have had very large and loyal fanbase and great ratings be moved to horrible timeslots for no good reason and eventually cancelled. Producers have even spoken out about it. I understand very well what Sheri was getting at. Maybe its just not an issue that's on your radar.
    I'm not sure how BET fits into the discussion at all.
    Yeah moving the show to a different time slot is always the beginning of the end. I'm over it now. It used to bother me. Living single was one of Fox's to top rated shows when it was abruptly canceled. It was brought back to appease the fans after a write in campaign.

BET does not feature quality program and no real original programming beyond reality tv and music videos. I really hope others aren't thinking african american's sit around the tv with popcorn and soda getting our black peoples fix on every night because the network happens to have black in the name. LOL That's like telling hispanics: well you guys have telemundo, univison and ugly betty. No offense to the poster that brought it up.

BET is owned by Time-Warner; no longer "black-owned".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Elisabeth's top looks like it's straight out of the 1950s. It's "muu-muu-ish".

FORT Fan

Elizabeth has officially lost her marbles.
    I'm thinking its the pregnancy hormones.

So what's her excuse when she's not pregnant??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread