+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

The orange necklace was so cheap-looking.
    As she was dressed in black and white I think a hit of bright colour would have added to Elisabeth's already (imo) nice outfit, but I thought the necklace chosen was horrible.

The woman Whoopi was responding to wrote and article in TV Guide magazine and Whoopi read out her name more than once so I'm not sure how that makes her anonymous.
    Perhaps the magazine doesn't post a photo of her with her articles.
    I was surpised Whoopi reacted in the way she did. I thought she'd have let it just roll off her back.
    Something bugged her for sure.
    I see Stacy London was asked for her opinion in the article. As she's someone I rarely if ever think looks anything better than average I would neither seek nor pay attention to her advice.

The lion story had me in tears yet again.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Whoopi was slamming the author of the TV Guide article for the latter's comments about Whoopi's fashion sense. Whoopi also slammed Stacy London who was quoted in the article for adding to the negative comments. Stacey London is the lady from What not to Wear. I understood Whoopi's point that they should not judge her by what she wears, but by what she says. However, in the real world, people always comment / judge others for their appearance. I was surprised that Whoopi went on about the article for so long. I totally love Whoopi, but if I were a fashion stylist or a commentator, I might comment on the wardrobe, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

If Whoopi was someone who tried to be at the front fashion then I could see whole articles written about her style. It always seemed to me she wore what she was comfortable in. Which is what a vast number of people do regardless of what the trends are.

FORT Fogey

The one thing that rings hallow for me in Whoopi's response to the article is that I think it goes against the argument that she usually gives when they discuss somoene expressing an unpopular opinion about something. More often than not, Whoopi is the one saying "Hey, free speech, the person can say what he/she wants to say" usually to disagree with those up in arms about the sentiment being expressed. Now to fight back, Whoopi is not exactly fighting against the writers free speech. But I agree with Fluff - she's not letting it roll off her back either. Truthfully, she's bringing far more attention to an article that many wuold never know about without her responding. If Whoopi normally takes the position that people say what they will, then perhaps she'd be better off to apply that rule when the talk is about her too.

It's obvious that Whoopi dresses to please herself and that is fine. However, being a TV personality who is seen by millions, she has to expect that people will judge.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I didn't mind the orange too much, it is the major in color this season and E looks good in orange and the big cheap stuff is in too. So it was sort of playful and over the top. I just bought a smokin orangey bag with light gold trim and handles and I love it!!

I do wish they had gotten more into the conversation with Sherri yesterday too and for once I didn't mind BW's comments. She pointed out there are a number of black people on evening shows and it is not ever going to be all of the shows. And I think Sherri needs to realize she just named two or three shows that featured all black casts that are being canceled. What she needs to realize is they are are not being canceled because they are black cast shows but obviously no one watched them. One of the most popular shows as pointed out has several black people in leads (Grey's Anatomy). Why not just cast good shows with who ever instead of trying to cast just because of race. There is an entire network devoted to Black entertainment. Then it was pointed out to her that one of the top rated shows Oprah and the View have black hosts and that was only day time to her.
    Look at the cosby's it was a great show about a funny and fun family who just happened to be black. I never thought of it as a show about a " black" family. I just don't think she should complain there are no shows when in fact there are and they are being canceled because noone is watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3388554;
    If Whoopi normally takes the position that people say what they will, then perhaps she'd be better off to apply that rule when the talk is about her too.
    No kiddin'.

The ladies can be a tad hypocritical.
    When Meghan McCain was on earlier this week (or was it last?) they were all up in arms about Laura Ingraham's comments about Meghan's weight, yet Babs totally out of the blue a few weeks back said she though Hillary Clinton looked heavy.
    She's also mentioned Hillary's body shape in less than flattering terms on other occasions, but suddenly it's an outrage if someone mentions that McCain is carrying a few extra pounds?
    I happen to think McCain looks pretty good and carries her weight well and thought Ingraham's comments were petty and spiteful, but why are her comments worse than those said by Babs on the show?

I also thought it a little odd that no one mentioned that Ingraham stood in as one of the revolohosts when Elisabeth was on maternity leave.
    They did the usual, "Do you know who she is?" you'd think someone would have dug out a clip of her on the show, if only so Babs could mention how "with it" they are, click her fingers and swivel her hips in that annoying way she does.

Whoopi's response today really didn't come off as coming from someone who doesn't care what other people think.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3388571;

I also thought it a little odd that no one mentioned that Ingraham stood in as one of the revolohosts when Elisabeth was on maternity leave.
    They did the usual, "Do you know who she is?" you'd think someone would have dug out a clip of her on the show, if only so Babs could mention how "with it" they are, click her fingers and swivel her hips in that annoying way she does.

Whoopi's response today really didn't come off as coming from someone who doesn't care what other people think.
    I noticed that too. She's been on the show quite a few times, both as a guest promoting books, and as a guest host. I wondered if the "who is she" talk was not so much because they did not know, but rather an intentional dig eithe to get to her, or to provoke her into talking about The View on her radio show. The battles they get into are good for ratings -- just ask Rosie.

Maybe she feels a bit more liberated now that she's no longer the go-to interviewer.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i happen to LOVE whoopie's sense of style ... it's closer to my tastes than the others.

+ Reply to Thread