+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3387806;
    Honestly, the only thing I ever notice about Calista is how thin she is. I guess I haven't watched anything that she's been in lately though. Is she still that skinny?
    She's very thin, but not as bone thin as she was in the hey-day of Ally McBeal. I think that she's evolved into a beautiful woman. She's got impecable skin, and while her features may not be perfection on their own, all together, I think they go together quite well. I'd ceratinly put her in the pretty category. I didn't get the comparisons to Michelle Pfeiffer at all during Ally McBeal, but I can see it to a degree now.

FORT Fan

I was very annoyed at how dismissive BW was towards Sheri when she was talking about the black shows being cancelled. Whoopi seemed annoyed as well.

And I hate how BW always reminded them that she hired them "not becuase they were Black" yet because they were black as a way of saying how open-minded she is, but not really.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3387812;
    I was very annoyed at how dismissive BW was towards Sheri when she was talking about the black shows being cancelled. Whoopi seemed annoyed as well.

And I hate how BW always reminded them that she hired them "not becuase they were Black" yet because they were black as a way of saying how open-minded she is, but not really.
    I think that BW was probably representing the network viewpoint, and was probably told she needed to do it. I'm sorry they didn't get into that discussion more in depth, because I think there is a lot to it that is worth discussing. As just one example, Grey's Anatomy is a show that has cast people based on who made the most sense for the role -- race was not an issue as either a plus or minus. The shows that Sherri was naming (Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends, The Hughleys) are shows that were very intentionally produced as black shows. Which is a better mark of racial progress? There are good arguments to either side, and I wish they had been more free to get into that. I would have liked to have heard ALL the women's points of view on that, rather than a single point, counterpoint and then move on.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Elisabeth was more annoying than usual today. She was determined to scream over whomever was talking. It was almost like her mic was turned up louder than usual.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3387944;
    Elisabeth was more annoying than usual today. She was determined to scream over whomever was talking. It was almost like her mic was turned up louder than usual.
    I agree. Normally she doesn't bother me but this morning she hurt my ears.

That orange necklace they have Elisabeth wearing today looks stupid with her outfit. They need to hire me for the jewelry dresser......I adore jewelry and, after seeing what they've been putting on people, I KNOW my taste is better than whichever Helen Keller is doing it now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm beginning to think that the woman have to draw straws and who ever ends up with the short straw has to wear the ugly jewelry.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Did you hear Whoopi blast the 2 women who were mentioned in the TV Guide who criticized her manner of dressing??? She called one a BITCH (and it was not bleeped) and told the other to "kiss her ARSE" (only, it was the ACTUAL WORD!!)!! Ol' Whoop came with it!! I almost fell off my chair!! Good thing that they weren't there in person; someone would have had to call the fire department!!!

FORT Fogey

Whoopi said--
    "You are an "'Anonymous Bitch"

to a woman who wrote in--"anonymously"--complaining about Whoopi's style--or lack of it.

You go Whoopi gal!!

FORT Fogey

About the ugly jewelry--Sherri said she wears what they tell her to wear.

I'll bet they don't tell Whoopi what to wear.

Sherri's necklace--a heart with diamonds--was pretty IMO. And did show off her cleavage nicely.

+ Reply to Thread