+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3363301;
    My argument was.... What if you have car trouble and you're stranded along the highway somewhere? Granted, this was before everyone and his uncle carried a cell phone, so they didn't have that for a defense. They finally conceded enough to carry hats, boots, gloves, etc. in the trunk.
    Good for you for drumming that lesson into their heads.

We live in the middle of Canada's largest city, complete with cell phones, transit, cabs and and even if drive to somewhere else in the middle of Canada's largest city we still carry suitable winter clothing with us, even if we don't wear from the car into where we are going. Because, yeah, what if your car breaks down? You can't assume that everything else is going to go your way - cell phone dies, nearest transit stop is two kilometres away, every cab is taken. I would be exceedingly embarrassed if I had to be hospitalized with hypothermia because I was too stupid to wear the appropriate attire for February.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm not surprised that Eh turned the whole Bachelor "hot topic" into "me me me", complete with viewing party description (and video--redundant). Barf.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3364012;
    I'm not surprised that Eh turned the whole Bachelor "hot topic" into "me me me", complete with viewing party description (and video--redundant). Barf.
    She is pretty much the only one of the hosts who watches the show, so I think its natural for it to focus on her. Given that ABC was pushing the show and discussion of it on all their shows -- Kimmel, GMA, etc, it's not surprising that they'd want it to be discussed on The View. And it's much better synergy to have the rabid fan making it about her than it would be for Whoopi to discuss it by talking about how much the show disgusts her.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

keith olberman chimed in last night and it was pretty amusing ... the reason i'm posting it here is because he had michael musto on there and he commented about elisabeth. do a search on youtube for "Countdown 3/3/09 p6" it's a five minute segment and about halfway in, michael gives his opinion on her.

I have a hard time watching Dr. Phil. I just can't stomach the man, but I have to say that he is the first person that I've heard actually have the nerve to suggest that Octomom's kids be put up for adoption unless she is able to get her act together.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fan

I'm not a fan of Dr State the Obvious either and I can't believe they had him giving his expert "opinion" on current affairs. What a joke.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I swear, I think the The View people must have a box of Mr. T starter kit pieces in the back that they root through when they think they need some jewelry. They have Elisabeth looking foolish today, although not as foolish as she looked the other day (this week) when she had on a green and white (or cream) busy print top with some kind of overly busy necklace on; the top was ugly, the necklace was ugly. Maybe it's me that is out of step with fashion. Please, Lord, let me stay that way if this is what it has come to!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jewelry and accessories seem to be going through a big and clunky phase. lol.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that this stuff was just more than big and clunky. It was butt-ugly and poorly thought out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno are both lined up for next week... I always like it when other show hosts come over to the View. There's just something so weird about seeing them on the View couches. Should be fun!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread