+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273741141645641064 ... LastLast
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    1. Star said, in her LKL interview, that only she and "the executives" knew what was going on (since April 21), yet everyday there was a different media story coming out about her. I think, with all certainty, we can definitely say that Star was not leaking stories about herself. The leaks on Monday and Tuesday were the straws that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

2. Also on LKL, Star said that (contrary to what Barbara says) no one was blindsided with her Tuesday announcement. She stated that "Barbara and Bill orchestrated this from day one,"; she went on to say "She (BW) knew since April that she didn't renew my contract." I found that choice of words interesting.

Also, if you tell someone they can go out on their own terms, why would you be surprised when they chose to do so and not follow your lame suggestion. That lame suggestion was on their terms...not Star's. I don't think Star owed them any type of loyalty at all, after the amount of loyalty they showed her...Bill just blatantly lied to her face; and Barbara didn't have the guts to tell her that she was being dropped. Some friend, huh? I'm pretty sure they still have to pay her through the end of August, when her contract expires.
    This thread has turned into one big hostile mess. I think it's a HUGE mistake when you start defending your point by using one side's story and completely belittling the other side, especially when you (the figurative you) have absolutely no real idea of what actually took place.

This was never a matter of friendship; it's a matter of employment. The day you think friendship trumps boss/employee in the business world is the day you become seriously misguided. Even Star has had the good sense to understand and acknowledge that.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think both Star and Barbara Walters are phonier than a $3 bill, and both mishandled this situation. Good piece on it in the L.A. Times ...

The truth? It's a point of view
    Star Jones Reynolds' outspoken departure from "The View" reveals a whole world of lies.

By Robin Abcarian, Times Staff Writer
    1:11 PM PDT, June 30, 2006

Things got messy this week with the girlfriends on "The View."

What was supposed to be a carefully choreographed series of lies, told to save face, spare feelings and protect careers, devolved into a nasty catfight, leaving a veteran newswoman, Barbara Walters, in the position not only of having admitted lying, but of accusing her now-former co-host, Star Jones Reynolds, of lacking dignity for failing to lie about why she was leaving the show.

Everybody in TV lies, of course. To save face, to save feelings, to save careers. But rarely do the lies come apart so publicly and quite frankly so deliciously.

MORE ...
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I'm wondering if Star had tried to find something else and couldn't find what she wanted so staged this trying to earn some sympathy and press and hoping that then would lead to some sort of better paying more high profile gig.

That's exactly what happened! Star may have even gone back to the executives and begged them to let her stay beyond July 13th and they said no. I truly believe that's why she jumped the gun on the announcement. If she'd been going along with the program for two months, why else would she suddenly decide to save face now. She didn't have any great job to announce and wanted to embarass the execs.

Barbara needs to fire Elisabeth next, I don't think she'll be able to handle 'ole Rosie.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Barbara needs to fire Elisabeth next, I don't think she'll be able to handle 'ole Rosie.
    now THAT'S a catfight i am looking forward to. i LOVED it the other day when elisabeth was talking about how when you're married, you make a promise to your spouse to have sex, even when you're not in the mood. joy's face was PRICELESS ... and she asked "what century are you in???" (or something like that)

my ex husband (a minister of all things) would love to have elisabeth for a wife. submissive in all things, especially sex!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post
    now THAT'S a catfight i am looking forward to. i LOVED it the other day when elisabeth was talking about how when you're married, you make a promise to your spouse to have sex, even when you're not in the mood. joy's face was PRICELESS ... and she asked "what century are you in???" (or something like that)

my ex husband (a minister of all things) would love to have elisabeth for a wife. submissive in all things, especially sex!

And this statement comes from the same Elizabeth who has, on numerous occasions, said that she hides in the bathroom, brushing her teeth, etc., to avoid having sex with her husband! Now that is funny!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I guess friendship and business lines never become blurred, do they? I'm your boss, but I invite you to parties at my house. You're my boss, but you invite me to your wedding. With a job with such a social premise/basis, blurring of the lines is inevitable (or at least the appearance of same) or you may not be the person for this job. I've seen way too much of it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I guess friendship and business lines never become blurred, do they? I'm your boss, but I invite you to parties at my house. You're my boss, but you invite me to your wedding. With a job with such a social premise/basis, blurring of the lines is inevitable (or at least the appearance of same) or you may not be the person for this job. I've seen way too much of it.
    No one has said that the lines don't become blurred, prhoshay. But when you completely forget that that person is your boss first and friend second, that's when you run into problems. So when you start badmouthing Barbara for being a bad friend, that's where you cross the line. She's the boss first and friend second. She has to report to the bosses at ABC, too, and she has to be responsible for decreasing ratings on a show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

candor, that article pretty much says what I've felt all along. I think they're all in the wrong, I just feel that I expect more from Barbara since I've always respected her as a news woman. Now, I never would again. No matter how she tries to spin it, I will always consider her a liar.

ajefferson10, you say that "that's exactly what happened" which leads me to believe that you have inside information that we're not in on. Can you tell us more?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    candor, that article pretty much says what I've felt all along. I think they're all in the wrong, I just feel that I expect more from Barbara since I've always respected her as a news woman. Now, I never would again. No matter how she tries to spin it, I will always consider her a liar.
    Exactly, Muduh! Because I highly respected BW, my opinion of her has fallen drastically (my opinion of Star has not, as I didn't hold her in high regard either way...I just enjoyed her addition to the panel of the View). Such a shame that adults/corporations must resort to schoolyard behaviour.

+ Reply to Thread