+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that T. Boone Pickens is 80 years old! I hope I look that good when I'm 80. Hell, I hope I live that long!!

No doubt, he looks great.

I can't wait to see the fallout from last nights Bach. E is going to be on one for sure.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sometimes, I think that Sherri has "poop" (and you know the word that I really wanted to use) for brains! 5" heels in snow??? Now, I don't care who you are.....that's just dumb. Being from L.A. is no excuse for a sheer lack of common sense.

To quote the brilliant Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I seem to remember Sherri saying she grew up in Schaumburg, IL. If that is true, she knows what snow is all about. Schaumburg is a suburb of Chicago.
    Last edited by Amazonbird; 03-03-2009 at 12:41 PM.

FORT Fogey

I did not see Sherri talking about the heals in snow, but as a girl who grew up in Ohio, I'll own up to going out in ice and snow in heals a few times. I also went out quite a bit without nearly the bundling (hat, scarf, etc) that I should have. It can be called stupid, if there is a rule that you absolutley under no circumstances should not be properly dressed for the weather I guess. When I did it, I knew that it was not the smartest thing to do, but chose to anyway for a variety of reasons - usually convenience. If I decided that the hassle of boots was greater than the hassle of walking through the snow, I'd do it anyway.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm hoping that you were a "silly young thing" in your teens or 20s, though. I can see that happening. Sherri is in her 40s, right?? That is just catfish-dumb.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3363251;
    I'm hoping that you were a "silly young thing" in your teens or 20s, though. I can see that happening. Sherri is in her 40s, right?? That is just catfish-dumb.
    Well I'm 36, and the last time I did it was about a month ago. In that case, I had to travel north for a client meeting. I didn't want to have to pack boots, nor did I want to have to be working my way throuh client offices carrying boots soI could wear the shoes I needed in meetings. It was simply easier to walk carefully through the snow for the short periods of time I was out in it, and not dress in the proper clothes. But then, I'm also one who sees nothing wrong with walking outside when its raining wtihout an umbrella ... every time I've done it, I've dried out.

They said yesterday that Sherri lives across the street from the studio where they tape. So I would not be surprised if she didn't decide the same thing - covenience didn't make it worthwhile to wear boots and carry shoes.

On a related note, I thought it was silly yesterday when Barbara commented on Elisabeth wearing a light silk top when it was snowing so much outside. We know, because they did the behind the scenes show, that they all show up at work and THEN get clothes from wardrobe, and get their hair and make up done. So it's not like Elisabeth was wearing that top to weather the storm. She was wearing that top for an hour to do a show, and then changing to her own clothes so she could return it to wardrobe.

I had to laugh at Elizabeth's little Bachelor watching party. When she asked Tim if he would hand out roses to the ladies, the look on his face was hilarious. It was a cute segment.

Have I said lately that "I LOVE WHOOPI"? I loved it when she was going on about AIG losing 62 billion dollars and where the money went.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3363251;
    I completely agree with you. Actually, I felt the same way about people wearing heels in the snow when I was in my 20s. And for some reason, I become vaguely enraged when I see people doing it to this day, like I did this morning when I saw a...yes, I'll say it...stupid young woman wearing highheeled pumps (not even high-heeled boots, for crying out loud ) and a waist length jacket in -20 weather.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3363282;
    I completely agree with you. Actually, I felt the same way about people wearing heels in the snow when I was in my 20s. And for some reason, I become vaguely enraged when I see people doing it to this day, like I did this morning when I saw a...yes, I'll say it...stupid young woman wearing highheeled pumps (not even high-heeled boots, for crying out loud ) and a waist length jacket in -20 weather.
    I used to have that fight with my kids when they were younger all the time. They would go somewhere in horrible weather, either extreme cold or snowfall, and not want to wear boots or even a heavy coat. Their excuse was that they were only going to be outside long enough to get to the car and then from the car to where ever their destination was. My argument was.... What if you have car trouble and you're stranded along the highway somewhere? Granted, this was before everyone and his uncle carried a cell phone, so they didn't have that for a defense. They finally conceded enough to carry hats, boots, gloves, etc. in the trunk.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread