+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3349756;
    Elisabeth was her usual rabid self this morning over the organ opt out idea.
    Good God woman, learn to have a conversation.
    I hate this show, mostly because of her shrill, stupid mouthing off, and the way it makes me angry that someone so unworthy should have a job like that. I never watch it, but unfortunately I turned on the TV when this was on, at that particular moment and channel, and I could not change the channel fast enough to avoid hearing her. It is like having shards of broken glass shoved in one's ears, argh!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3349719;
    I love dogs and really enjoyed the Mutt show today. I know if I lived in New York I'd be checking out how to adopt that German Shepherd mix. He was adorable. Roxie enjoyed the dog show too. I got a picture of her trying to get closer to the dogs on the screen, but when I snapped it, Joy and Sherri were on. Maybe I should send a copy to The View.
    My ErniePug likes your Roxie

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3349756;
    Elisabeth was her usual rabid self this morning over the organ opt out idea.

It was just a suggestion, it will never happen, yet there she was, foaming at the mouth thinking the government is going to take control of her uterus.
    I see absolutely no need for her to be so angry about it, no matter how strong she feels about the subject.
    Good God woman, learn to have a conversation.

The opt-out idea has been discussed a few times in the U.K. where I was born and raised. As someone who wants any organs that an be used taken when I die, I think it's a good idea in theory, that might be very difficult to put into practice.
    I see no need for Elisabeth to react in the way she did. She just makes herself look endlessly moronic.

You should send that pic in Lil, it's very cute

The uterus thing of E's was really weird.
    Nobody said uterus--it's never been done--and yet she couldn't let it go.

I suspect she is intensely uterus focussed right now but pleeez--do we have to suffer from her inanities about it too?

Btw it is especially ironic coming from E--who considers herself "in the know" about science--completely laughable considering her lack of even basic scientific info.

But I have heard her say that more than once on the show.

I really feel sorry for her kids when they start coming home from school with REAL scientific info.

Imagine the hissy-fit she'll throw for them.....

FORT Fanatic

I had taped the show and really wanted to hear the complete discussion about organ donation but I simply couldn't STAND Elizabeth and erased the tape. I think she is as bad as Bawa Walters.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3349956;
    If Joy or Whoopi were ever on their game they'd be poised with comebacks for when Elisabeth makes that kind of comment.

I would have loved for either of them to say "So you think you should be able to make the choice with regard to your own body?"
    Of course they never do because everyone on this show is so sloppy.
    I think Whoopi might be the worst culprit when it comes to phoning it in.
    I didn't see the show (am happily back to only hoping for a few very select guests if they ever are on, since pre-Obama-election).

But I know what you're saying, and completely agree about EH.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3349956;
    If Joy or Whoopi were ever on their game they'd be poised with comebacks for when Elisabeth makes that kind of comment.

I would have loved for either of them to say "So you think you should be able to make the choice with regard to your own body?"
    Of course they never do because everyone on this show is so sloppy.
    I think Whoopi might be the worst culprit when it comes to phoning it in.
    I'm not sure I agree with regards to Whoopi. I think that the lack of comebacks from her is a deliberate choice on her part -- not that she doesn't have them, but that she doesn't want to use them. Based on comments she's made in the past, I think that Whoopi is very aware of perceptions of women in cat fights, and doesn't much care for those perceptions. So if she (or Joy, or Barbara) were to come back with zingers towards Elisabeth everytime she goes off on a tangent, it would feed into the catfight perception that the show is already saddled with. If the comebacks were always thrown out, the show would be more like a Real Housewives reunion, and I think that Whoopi and perhaps the others, want to do what they can within reason to portray a better image of women interacting than that.

I'm not suggesting they react as crazily as Elisabeth does, but they should be prepared with responses to highlight her hypocrisy.
    I didn't mention "zingers" and I don't consider the example I gave to be one.
    IMO it's a valid question to someone who has often stated her anti-choice views.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved the interaction between Joy and Jason, The Bachelor today! They were hilarious together, and he looked like he really enjoyed it. I can see 'friends for life' written all over them!

Elisabeth's belly really looked big today. I know that she never announced that she was carrying twins, but how far along is she claiming to be?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When she announced her pregnancy, she said she was due in August. Now maybe she is due middle to late July and is just saying August, I don't know.

I do know that with my older daughter she was born on her actual due date, August 8th, and there was no way I was showing like that in February.

Even the way EH is putting her hands on her abdomen, makes it look like she is further along. If she is pregnant with twins, I could see her being as big as she is. But I haven't heard her say anything about twins. And by now, she would have heard the heartbeat(s) at her regular doctor visits and maybe had an ultrasound.

Well, if it is twins, maybe she doesn't want to say anything just yet. Sometimes it is high risk and she wants to make sure it is okay?

+ Reply to Thread