+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I was so glad to have Whoopi back and Barbara gone! What an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3346986;
    I was so glad to have Whoopi back and Barbara gone! What an improvement.
    I love Whoopi! She is my favorite of the hosts. I don't dislike Babs though... I like the variety. When some of them are present or not present it just changes to vibe temporarily, and that variety is good. It's always nice to have them back again.

Today is the "mutt dog show"... I am so excited to see it! Yay continuity... I remember thinking when they first mentioned it off hand that I hoped they ACTUALLY did it. How fun. Puppiiieeeeeees.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

The reason I dislike Barbara being on is that she finds it necessary to treat the co-hosts and us, the viewers, as knowing little to nothing. I wonder if she watches the shows she is not on and even knows what has been discussed on past shows. We regular viewers do not need to be brought up to speed on every topic being discussed, like a child or imbecile. She seems to feel her opinion is more important than her co-hosts, always wanting the last word, yet I find most of her opinions irrelevant. The conversations flow much more smoothly between the four co-hosts when she is not there -- less over-talking. She would do everyone a favor if she retired. I understand the need to have a fifth person available when one of the regular co-hosts is unavailable, but there are plenty of talented people who could fill in on a regular or semi-regular basis, such as when Joy fills in for Larry King. Barbara's 60-minute interview shows, such as the recent Oscar special, are painful to watch--very self-centered with her importance. And the heavy promotion she did for this past Oscar program (and her book) was disgusting. She was all over TV promoting this last "special," which was anything but. Time for a wrap, Barbara!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's an unpopular view: Dogs.....Yuck! They are fine as long as they are across the room, on a leash, and stay away from me. Do not lick me, and I don't want to smell you if you are in current need of a bath. I will not allow them to be mistreated, if I am aware of it, but somebody has to come and get the d**n dog. I will try to keep him/her safe until you get there, but hurry!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love dogs and really enjoyed the Mutt show today. I know if I lived in New York I'd be checking out how to adopt that German Shepherd mix. He was adorable. Roxie enjoyed the dog show too. I got a picture of her trying to get closer to the dogs on the screen, but when I snapped it, Joy and Sherri were on. Maybe I should send a copy to The View.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elisabeth was her usual rabid self this morning over the organ opt out idea.

It was just a suggestion, it will never happen, yet there she was, foaming at the mouth thinking the government is going to take control of her uterus.
    I see absolutely no need for her to be so angry about it, no matter how strong she feels about the subject.
    Good God woman, learn to have a conversation.

The opt-out idea has been discussed a few times in the U.K. where I was born and raised. As someone who wants any organs that an be used taken when I die, I think it's a good idea in theory, that might be very difficult to put into practice.
    I see no need for Elisabeth to react in the way she did. She just makes herself look endlessly moronic.

You should send that pic in Lil, it's very cute
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree Fluff, I was almost expecting her to say, "My body... my choice" But that would have just been too ironic wouldn't it?

If Joy or Whoopi were ever on their game they'd be poised with comebacks for when Elisabeth makes that kind of comment.

I would have loved for either of them to say "So you think you should be able to make the choice with regard to your own body?"
    Of course they never do because everyone on this show is so sloppy.
    I think Whoopi might be the worst culprit when it comes to phoning it in.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3349719;
    I love dogs and really enjoyed the Mutt show today. I know if I lived in New York I'd be checking out how to adopt that German Shepherd mix. He was adorable. Roxie enjoyed the dog show too. I got a picture of her trying to get closer to the dogs on the screen, but when I snapped it, Joy and Sherri were on. Maybe I should send a copy to The View.

Holy cow, I know you have a little dog but that tv looks ginormous! Very cute picture.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3350532;
    Holy cow, I know you have a little dog but that tv looks ginormous! Very cute picture.
    Yeah, it is huge. I'm used to it now and don't think anything of it but when we first got it, it seemed to take up the whole room. It's my husbands baby of course. You know men and their televisions.

+ Reply to Thread