+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Count me as one of those who didn't think of the cartoon as racist... actually it didn't occur to me that it could be racist I took it as "10,000 monkeys on 10 000 typewriters" kind of thing. I don't want to think that I am socially unaware or socially niave but the fact is I really had to think to make the ape/black connections that others leapt to. Thankfully I have never been subjected to racism, nor have I perpetrated it so it's my last thought rather than my first one.

back to the show: Fluff, I loved the makeup segment last week too, and I agree, it would have been better without Babs. The woman makes me roll my eyes. Why does she feel it necessary to interrupt every single person who steps foot on that stage?? I use the Lash Blast mascara and I LOVE IT! I get it for $7.99 here which is less than the other Cover Girl stuff I used to wear.
    The toys were awesome!! I can't wait to get my hands on those Hide 'em eggs! My kids will be thrilled. Oh and that Pixos will be on my shopping list as will the Crayola Filz.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3338964;
    Anyway, i wish Barbara would take a vacation while the show is airing. Seriously, get out of my tv! She's useless on this show.

She's not totally useless. She's great at book plugging and telling people how they should feel, making their true feelings really irrelevant.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think the point is that the cartoonist left it up to many different interpretations....whether he mean't it to be racist it or not ....he should have been aware of what some may think and have better judgement.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Unfortunately, I see it as speaking to the dearth of complete American history in this country. People leave out what they don't feel comfortable about discussing.....and that is a lot. "Let's just pretend that it never happened, and it doesn't continue to affect what goes on today, Okay???" Unfortunately, everybody won't forget just to make you (whomever the 'you' may be) comfortable.

And, most of the toys that we buy for our children are really FOR US!! Been there; done that! I finally got it through my head that my kid liked boxes!!! And it allowed him to use his God-given imagination....which is so sorely missing with our kids (and mine is 23!).

(Whoops!! He just turned 24! Sorry, Baby Boy! )
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-21-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

damn straight the toys are for me!! I have no problem admitting that!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I miss Whoopi when she's not on the show to moderate. Although Barbara kept them somewhat on point today, Whoopi just presents the voice of reason with a comical slant.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i missed her too.

Why does Elisabeth look like she got caught in a rainstorm this morning?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Was it just me or did Barbara sound extra-stupid when asking questions of the 'financial expert" on Monday? I try not to say negative things about people--but I had to change the channel because her questions were so idiotic--asking him things he'd just explained.

She did not sound at all like the highly successful business woman she must surely be.

About E's hair--she did look rather "windblown" didn't she?

I still say 'rain-drenched'!

+ Reply to Thread