+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The View

No, i wont watch her stupid special, no one does. I wish she'd retire from this show. I'm not sure if it's still considered a privilege to be interviewed by her, she's just so taxing. Bite her, Cha cha!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3334682;
    Barbara made herself look foolish when they were trying to discuss the NY Post cartoon. She kept interjecting, and stupid just kept falling out of her mouth. Talk about a lost ball in tall weeds. It was because the monkey was black..."???? HUH??? Good grief, what an out of touch jackass. I don't want to believe she is as stupid as she sounded today.
    That drove me nuts. All chimps are black, dumbass. It is the monkey connotation. What really made me mad was when Sherry was trying to say something about it and Babs kept interrupting her, like Sherry had no clue what she was talking about. I would really like to know who died and left Babs in charge of how African Americans should feel about racism.

I had to turn it off when Babs started in on her damn special again. I wish she would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3335120;
    That drove me nuts. All chimps are black, dumbass. It is the monkey connotation. What really made me mad was when Sherry was trying to say something about it and Babs kept interrupting her, like Sherry had no clue what she was talking about. I would really like to know who died and left Babs in charge of how African Americans should feel about racism.

I only caught part of the conversation this morning while watching and was confused. What happened? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3327033;
    I heard a Will Smith interview that stated just this. Too many people go into a marriage with the "if it doesn't work there is always divorce" attitude. He didn't want that. That's where the "divorce is not an option" comes from. If you don't look at it as an option, you tend to be more willing to work out the problems. Of course divorce does happen, but it should be over something big.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but Will Smith already has one divorce under his belt. So maybe it's not an option now, but it sure used to be. lol.

I just want to say I don't watch The View, but I love reading all of your comments about the show. I'm sure it's funnier (and less painful) than watching it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3335241;
    I only caught part of the conversation this morning while watching and was confused. What happened? Thanks.
    The New York Post printed a comic with two cops talking over the body of the chimp saying "Now they will have to find someone else to write the stimulus package" (or something to that effect). They were talking about the racial connotations and Babs was positive it was only because the chimp was black.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't leave out that the cops shot the chimp. I think that is significant. The President Barack Obama inference was obvious. Very negative racial overtones based on old stereotypes. Babs was all about the color of the cartoon chimp.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Joy filled in for Larry King tonight. Her first guest was Ann Coulter. I had to give Joy a lot of credit for reeling herself in this evening. Coulter is just such a horribly invictive person. How can she stand to live with herself? She always reminds me of that old saying - An honest good look doth covereth many faults.........
    To Thine Own Self Be True

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i watched that interview too. i cannot STAND ann coulter and was looking forward to seeing how larry king would handle her, but then was pleasantly surprised to see joy in his place.

and it really disgusts me that ann wears a cross on her necklace. what a horrible representation of christianity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How much Botox do you think Ann Coulter has had? Her face, truly, doesn't move; she is like a talking corpse.

And I am vomity-sick of hearing about the g.d. academy awards. Televisionwise, this has got to be the worst time of year.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3335767;
    The New York Post printed a comic with two cops talking over the body of the chimp saying "Now they will have to find someone else to write the stimulus package" (or something to that effect). They were talking about the racial connotations and Babs was positive it was only because the chimp was black.
    Did any of them think that it could also be a sexist message since it well known that Nancy Pelosi headed up the writing of the stimulus bill?

+ Reply to Thread