+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1524Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3325612;
    Are they Catholic? (I know, off topic!)
    They are, or were, scientologists. Not sure where they stand at the moment, but they were attending scientology "lectures" and giving their money to scientology.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 02-17-2009 at 03:27 PM.

I heard/read that Tomkat were trying really hard to get them to go into scientology. They were not interested, however. I think that they are just a couple who really seem to like being married to each other and don't see divorce as being an option. I know a lot of Catholics who have gotten divorces. It happens.

I loved the segment on the show today about Whoopi's farm up in Vermont. How cool is it that she rescues NYPD horses? Interesting that part of her contract with the show is that she cannot ride her horses.

I really enjoyed Shrek - the movie. However, after seeing that song they selected to highlight, I sure was not motivated to see this play. I am sure the average 6 - 12 year olds would love it, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Anyone else remember the days when the play came BEFORE the movie?

FORT Fan

Per the usual, Babs really funked up the set today.
    The exchange between her and Bonnie Hunt was very awkward. Even Whoopi made a "whoa" face to the audience. Lol

I couldn't believe when Barbara actually said, "Will you promise to watch my Oscar special?"

Babs really funked up the set today.
    The exchange between her and Bonnie Hunt was very awkward.
    Did anyone else notice Bonnie's body language? I think if she could have moved to the other side of the sofa away from Barbara, she would have.

I thought Babs was pretty rude to Bonnie Hunt yesterday with her "Honey, you know nothing about my life."

I think we all know enough to know her life is pretty glamourous thanks to the seemingly never ending supply of Christmas cards and invitations to swanky events that she shows us during Hot Topics, as if her going to a party was actually a topic of a somewhat high temperature.

She clearly didn't get the symbolism of the NY Post cartoon.
    It had nothing to do with the primate in the cartoon being black and everything to do with it being a primate.
    She really did need Sherri to point that out to her and I still don't think she took it on board.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Barbara was just completely out of place in the Bonnie Hunt interview, knew it, and her trying to fix it made it horrible! Joy, Sherri, and Whoopi all have a natural bond with Bonnie, being comediennes. Rather than being a producer-minded TV woman in that moment, Barbara tried to hard to involve herself in the middle of their circle. I think she was trying to be funny ... but there's a reason that 3 women who host the show get paid to be funny on stage and Barbara isn't one of them! Had she just sat back and let them run with it, she would have looked like a brillant woman who brought the cast together. but instead, she came across as weird and insulting.

I just rewatched the interview again at perez ( I missed the first half yesterday) and holy cow! Barbara was a complete so-and-so. Bonnie was pretty gracious in spite of how Barbara behaved.

re today: I know when they do those 'product' segments quite often Whoopie will often run out and snag something... and it's cheezy, but I still giggle everytime lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Barbara made herself look foolish when they were trying to discuss the NY Post cartoon. She kept interjecting, and stupid just kept falling out of her mouth. Talk about a lost ball in tall weeds. It was because the monkey was black..."???? HUH??? Good grief, what an out of touch jackass. I don't want to believe she is as stupid as she sounded today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread