+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172731131635631063 ... LastLast
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    It is all matter of taste of what one likes.... where as I have always been annoyed by Joy... to the point where she would be the reason I change the channel. Other people love her. I don't.

Also, I recall the comment was that the ratings had not plummeted. It was ABC's "focus groups" or something to that nature, had not liked Star.

Anyway I think she got what she wanted. A lot of media attention and internet buzz.

To me PERSONALLY if I see Star again on TV screen I'll switch the channel. But it's just me.
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-02-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Removed reply to deleted post.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    No one has made Barbara look bad in all of this situation. Barbara has done a fine job of making herself look bad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by babydollbrat View Post
    On LKL one minute Star said:

I'm telling you that I was told on April 21st that my contract was not going to be renewed, and I was told four days later, five days later, on the Wednesday, the day before I was to leave for the Emmys, that Rosie was going to become our new co-host. "

And then not even 2 minutes later she said:

"Well, I was so shocked at the sort of viciousness of it, I didn't even have time to regroup, because what I later found out, sitting in my seat at the Emmy Awards, that the same week that Rosie went on that attack, Barbara called her and invited her to be a co-host of "The View." I literally sat there in shock. Now, mind you, within minutes, I had to have a smile on my face and walk across the stage of the Daytime Emmys and make a presentation. That all happened within the same week. "

Bold faced lie!

In regards to BW going to bat for her, ABC wanted this whole thing done in, I think they said November, but BW wanted Star to save face and find something else and announce it so people didn't know that ABC wanted rid of her because her ratings were so poor and her image was so poor. So BW cared enough about her to let her save face. Then Star goes and spins this story to try to make BW look bad.

Believe me, I am not a BW fan and I have to say that Star was my fav on the view until about 2 years or so ago. Unfortunately, star started believing her own PR and thought she was the be all end all and quickly turned into someone whom I could not believe, root for or stand!

She was refering to the fact that Barbara called Rosie and asked her to be on the show and she found THAT out at the Emmy's

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The thing is... if you want to fire someone that is your right. They are not working out for your company but does not mean they would not make someone else a decent employee. One never gets fired for not being able to do their job. They get fired cause someone decided they didn't like them anymore.

I see ABC purposely destorying Star cause they feel like it cause they don't like her anymore.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Now there is not need to get ugly with me with what can be found easily. Plus I did not say "stated by Star" when speaking of the tabloids. What I spoke of is common knowledge.
    How in the world did I get "ugly" with you???? All I said was that on LKL I did not hear Star make any claims that ABC leaked rumours about her. I am sure though that the reporters asked the staff and technicians of 'The View' about rumours etc.. and I am sure one or two of them disliked Star enough that they say stuff you will find that at any workplace.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am trying to make sense out of what Kathy Griffin said on Jimmy Kimmel Live, because she was referring to Star and Barabara as if most of us would have ever watched the View, which of course I never have. So from what I can piece tovgether, Barbara seemed quite perky to hear the news that Star quit, and that maybe Star quit because she is a horrible bigot concerning Rosie O'Donnell's lifestyle and she found out Rosie was invited to join the show. Kathy mentioned some things Star had said (allegedly), and if that is how she is, I can understand that she and Rosie could not exist on the same stage. And wouldn't any producer (Barbara, right?) in their right mind rather have Rosie? So is that kind of what's going on?

Btw, I did turn on the TV the other day and all those View women were on there, including the young one from Survivor. Boy does she ever look plastic! It was scary and the channel was immediately changed!
    Last edited by Harvest; 07-02-2006 at 03:40 PM.

I have never felt that Star thought much about Rosie's lifestyle, one way or the other. I just think that she feels they can't work togther, and I can certainly see why. Rosie really spoke out about things that were none of her business when she talked about Star's personal life. I never felt that Star owed anyone an explanation about her weight loss, or anything else. I did get thoroughly fed up with her wedding plans, but I still think that all they would have had to do is say for her to cease with the wedding talk. You can't let someone do what you disapprove of, for months on end, and then after the fact start blaming them for it.

FORT Fogey
    1. ABC did what they do, cancel contracts based on ratings and health of the show. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Typical to not be direct. Some stars report hearing about their demise on TV. Sucks but it is the deal.

2. Barbara asked they postpone the painful fact until after the holidays. Okay, nice. She was onboard with the decision to cancel her, however. She is boss lady. Timing was her issue. "Fought for Starr." No. She fought for a better time to tell her.

3. Waiting unitl April. Why? No one ever addressed this. Must have been self serving for BW because ABC was ready when they made the decision.

4. Starr was wrong in going off format as per ABC. Understandable, contract issue. She knew this. Lawyers advised to go out in a bang. Big mistake or not? It got her in the news and buzz is the game.

5. BW crushed because of bad press, nothing to do with Starr. Ego centric, salf agrandising woman (BW). She did not contact her directly. Bad boss, bad friend, bad choice, bad boss, duche bag, bad boss.

They all suck.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-02-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Star is a big girl (well, not so big now ) playing in the big leagues. She knows better. She's not lying about everything exactly, but if you watch her words, she is definitely misleading. She had to choose her words on Larry King and I felt subtley threatened legal action. She's no dummy. If she left the show at the end of summer, with another job or decided to vacation for awhile or whatever, she would have had a nice send-off party with tears. And nothing more would be heard from her.

Now, she's created an huge drama scene so her name is at the top of the gossip boards. Well, good for her. It was all planned.

I hope the View just continues. Joy and Elizabeth have to deal with the hiccups. Rosie has to make her entrance and I'm sure she will do that! And whoever replaces Star will have to make a mark as well. Remember, Rosie was not replacing Star but Meredith. I honestly think everyone should get over this. It's not big news anymore.

My mind is on other things now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

1. Star said, in her LKL interview, that only she and "the executives" knew what was going on (since April 21), yet everyday there was a different media story coming out about her. I think, with all certainty, we can definitely say that Star was not leaking stories about herself. The leaks on Monday and Tuesday were the straws that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

2. Also on LKL, Star said that (contrary to what Barbara says) no one was blindsided with her Tuesday announcement. She stated that "Barbara and Bill orchestrated this from day one,"; she went on to say "She (BW) knew since April that she didn't renew my contract." I found that choice of words interesting.

Also, if you tell someone they can go out on their own terms, why would you be surprised when they chose to do so and not follow your lame suggestion. That lame suggestion was on their terms...not Star's. I don't think Star owed them any type of loyalty at all, after the amount of loyalty they showed her...Bill just blatantly lied to her face; and Barbara didn't have the guts to tell her that she was being dropped. Some friend, huh? I'm pretty sure they still have to pay her through the end of August, when her contract expires.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Seriously, would you really want a big to-do send off from people you no longer felt you could trust? Star did not want the big send off and she told them that.

+ Reply to Thread