+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3296747;
    I looked this up once and if my memory is correct, he played in a total of 2 NFL games and did not start either one.
    Tim Hasselbeck
    Not exactly a glorious career.
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that in his last season for the Giants he made about a million dollars in salary and bonuses, so being a back-up to the back-up can be fairly lucrative.
    I guess you still have to keep yourself fit and healthy and game-ready just in case you're needed.

I couldn't even watch Babs interview Blago on that tv screen. It was just too ridiculous.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I cannot think of a woman, alive or dead, who could make that kind of money for doing, virtually, nothing. Our priorities in this country (or world, even) are very screwed up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

All the women on The View get good money for working a few hours a day four days a week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3298050;
    You know, I cannot think of a woman, alive or dead, who could make that kind of money for doing, virtually, nothing. Our priorities in this country (or world, even) are very screwed up.
    Ahem ... Paris Hilton.

The ladies on The View = all starting lineup.

I don't consider Paris Hilton in this arena. I'm speaking more of women who work for other people.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3298163;
    The ladies on The View = all starting lineup.
    Does that make a difference?
    They still get paid very handsomely for doing "virtually nothing" and for doing it very poorly for the most part, imo.

The line up for next week.

Monday, Feb. 2
    A day of "Hot Topics."
    Tuesday, Feb. 3
    Paula Deen; Dev Patel ("Slumdog Millionaire").
    Wednesday, Feb. 4
    Jane Seymour; advice columnist Amy Dickinson; Academy Award® nominee Richard Jenkins ("The Visitor").
    Thursday, Feb. 5
    Cuba Gooding Jr. ("Gifted Hands"); Maksim Chmerkovskiy (ABC's "Dancing with the Stars").
    Friday, Feb. 6
    Teen Theme Show: Molly Ringwald & Shailene Woodley (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of an American Teenager"); teens & technology; what every parent needs-to-know; teen fashions.

Looking forward to Wednesday because I LOVE Richard Jenkins.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3298024;
    Tim Hasselbeck
    Not exactly a glorious career.
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that in his last season for the Giants he made about a million dollars in salary and bonuses, so being a back-up to the back-up can be fairly lucrative.
    I guess you still have to keep yourself fit and healthy and game-ready just in case you're needed.
    really don't get why people knock on backups. they not only have to be game-ready just in case athletes in front of them get injured/leave for personal reasons/sick/traded away/etc. they also play against the first team to simulate games against their next opponents. they help review offensive schemes and i'm sure i see numerous backups with headsets on during game time and i see them relaying messages to the starting quarterback or to respective position coaches.

and not only that traveling backup quarterbacks like tim are hard to come by. they have to be patient and a team player. they also help groom and train the next "franchise quarterback". they know they'll never be starting qbs but what they do is very important. and the money they make well, there's a set amount for veterens and its chump change to what starters are making. hell, some backups earn more than starters because they got passed on the depth chart.

and going on to ESPN...good for him. at least he's still in football.

and babwa needs to go.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3298062;
    All the women on The View get good money for working a few hours a day four days a week.
    Thanks for reminding me since im cash poor these days.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm guessing that they (the ladies) do more job-related things than we see on television.

Be patient. Be a team player. Be a tackling dummy.

You're right. The people who do the real work get bupkis, and very little thanks.

+ Reply to Thread