+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1555Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3294574;
    I didn't say that it has never happened. But yes I would bet that it is extremely rare that an truly intelligent person, as Condoleeza Rice is, would stay working for an imbecile, for eight years. Especially when she has so many other opportunities.
    Did someone else offer her a position as Secretary of State ?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3294602;
    I've got to admit, with all of thsoe people out there who are confident that they'r so much smarter than their individual bosses ... if that is the case, why is the person of lesser intelligence presumably getting paid more, holding more power, and a higher position.
    Ambition and intelligence are not the same thing. There are people who value their time and their life more than they value money and power. I am certainly not smarter than my current boss, but even if I were, there is no way in hell I would want the 60-80 hour work weeks, the phone calls while in the bath, in bed, on vacation, the endless parade of people lining up outside her office to meet with her, the juggling of Board meetings, the inability to stop working ever.

I have, however, worked for some dim-witted troglogydes in the past (including one whom I consider to be the only person I have ever met who is literally evil) who achieved status through pure weaselling and o'erweening ambition. As luck and the complaints of their employees would have it, certain regulatory bodies caught up with them, fined them heavily and removed their licenses to steal from the gullible. So back to the working-class for them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCeesauFan;3295672;
    Hope when she take materinty leave she leaves for good.

I don't think it'll ever happen.
    I think she's the major bread-winner in the family.
    Tim has made good money riding the pine for a few different football teams, but he's now working for ESPN I believe as one of many analysts and I can't imagine he's pulling in the same kind of money he was as an occasional player.
    Although I obviously don't know how much he makes.
    They recently bought a $3m condo too, so I suspect her contract as already ben renewed as Bill Geddie (and someone at ABC news, clips of her comments are forever appearing on the ABC news site) seems to worship her.
    Oh, forgot to add, when Whoopi was talking about the woman who had eight babies yesterday, Elisabeth starting talking very loudly over her saying that she felt she was a slacker because she was only carrying one baby. It sounded like she actually said "tw...one baby."
    Wait for the announcement that she's having twins

I wish Babs had shut the hell up and let Sherri talk about infertility options the other day. This is obviously something Sherri knows about and Babs kept interupting her when she was trying to explain things.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-30-2009 at 08:02 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Julianne Moore is on today -- talk about a change from Condoleeza Rice! I love Julianne Moore though, I think she's completely classy and gorgeous, and a great actress. Looking forward to her segment!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Did anyone else catch how badly Barbara stumbled over Blagojevich's name this week? For being a life-long "journalist," I would think pronouncing difficult names correctly to be of utmost importance. His name has been in the news for weeks now; we all know how to pronounce it. I re-ran it several times and heard her say Blah-god-a-vich instead of Blah-goy-a-vich.

Don't know if it's been talked about yet because I usuallly don't come in here since I stopped watching this infernal show 2 years ago but Elisabeth is breeding again.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to know exactly how many games Tim has gotten in since he's been with the major league. I'm guessing that "occasional player" statement is really overstating his involvement.

The show today, past hot topics, is boring and cotton candy shallow! Who are these ditzes??
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-30-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3296349;
    I'd like to know exactly how many games Tim has gotten in since he's been with the major league. I'm guessing that "occasional player" statement is really overstating his involvement.
    I looked this up once and if my memory is correct, he played in a total of 2 NFL games and did not start either one.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3296349;

The show today, past hot topics, is boring and cotton candy shallow! Who are these ditzes??
    It's funny, she's overpaid, he's underplayed.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by annifran;3296327;
    Did anyone else catch how badly Barbara stumbled over Blagojevich's name this week? For being a life-long "journalist," I would think pronouncing difficult names correctly to be of utmost importance. His name has been in the news for weeks now; we all know how to pronounce it. I re-ran it several times and heard her say Blah-god-a-vich instead of Blah-goy-a-vich.
    Well, she can't even pronounce her own name correctly so...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCeesauFan;3295672;
    Hope when she take materinty leave she leaves for good.
    Maybe Joy will leave for good. If that happened maybe I'd start watching the show again. I can at least tolerate Barbara because she's fun to make fun of but Joy is just vile.
    Last edited by stacerace; 01-30-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread