+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768697071721121625621062 ... LastLast
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I agree with you, bell. Had Barbara not addressed anything....just left Star's tuesday View statement stand, very little more would have come of it. Allow the View to have some recap show on thursday and say goodbye to Star decently (regardless of how everyone at ABC feels) shows more dignity and class than an abrupt, terse dismissal statement by Babs. Frankly, I am very disappointed in the childish nature of Barbara and ABC. (I do think Star is a diva and probably a childish drama queen, but I did not think Barbara would stoop to such behaviour). I think all the hubbabaloo about the "she said,she said" argument just adds fuel to the fire.

P.S. I actually enjoyed Star Jones' analysis during the OJ Simpson trial and thought she was a good addition to the View, hence my defense of her. And yes, barefootdyke, I agree that she really knows how to appeal to people sympathies....but something about the ABC dismissal thing-non renewal-hiring of Rosie- after she blatantly insulted a panel member- rubs me the wrong way....
    I agree with both you and bell. After Star made her announcement, I didn't think it was too bad. I believe if Barbara had just let it pass, it would all be over by now. Anything further that Star said would just seem like so many sour grapes. And Barbara would have looked like the bigger person. As it is, she just reminds me of one of the snobby girls from high school. Her professionalism is a thing of the past, as far as I'm concerned.

My take on this is that Barbara has the right to feel betrayed by Star.
    BW went to bat for her and this is the way Star thanks her.
    Star is spinning this to make her get sympathy because she knows how much she has turned people off the last 2 years or so. She has alienated many, MANY viewers and knows that if she is going to be employed in the show biz industry she has to do something fast!
    Her interview on the LKL show was just too much! Even my DH, who has absolutely no idea who she is or anything that has gone on, caught her in an outright lie on LKL!
    But I see by a lot of forums on the web that she is getting the sympathy vote and will come out on top.

How did Barbara go to bat for her, do you think? I can't believe that one. As I've said more than once, Barbara was the one to decide who stays and who goes.

Tell me about the lie. I missed that.

I'm sure that many are for her, just as many are against her. I personally don't care one way or the other except I hate to see either of them made out to be saint or sinner. They are both at fault, and both have some gripes coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She also did not claim that ABC leaked any rumours about her.
    The thing is... if you want to fire someone that is your right. They are not working out for your company but does not mean they would not make someone else a decent employee. One never gets fired for not being able to do their job. They get fired cause someone decided they didn't like them anymore.

I see ABC purposely destorying Star cause they feel like it cause they don't like her anymore.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I did not say "stated by Star" when speaking of the tabloids. What I spoke of is common knowledge.

I had implied that for months ABC had leaked the stuff about Star's departing from The View. I read about in the NY papers, weekly.

If you need to, you can visit the websites for the NY Post and the NY Daily News and do a simple search for "Star Jones" and read what the gossip column's have printed about her job status for months.

How exactly does one think they get such correct info?

They get it from ABC... in order for those gossip columns to have had the correct info for months.... someone at ABC had to have leaked it. And kept it up till the day Star left. Which Star did mention on Larry King, that the gossip hounds had took to camping out on her doorsteps, up till she announced she was leaving.

But Dogbat said it best with this:
    "No one handled this situation professionally or with any integrity."

Does anyone think for a moment that ABC gave Star a decent "reference"??? (Before she got on the air and made her little announcement.) I would be willing to bet money that they had worked against her since last fall.

The funny thing is.... I am not some great Star Jones fan. As far as the hens on The View she annoyed me the least.
    I always said she sucked at interviewing on the redcarpet. And wore a questionable "purple pucker dress" to one of them that she should have re-thought.

Oh then Bell mention this: "But I believe that it wouldn't be quite catty and more nasty if Barbara didn't say what she said the following day."
    Exactly.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 07-02-2006 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Remove color codes, personal comments

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post

I see ABC purposely destorying Star cause they feel like it cause they don't like her anymore.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [.

The contract was not renewed because the RATINGS plummeted after Star couldn't stop talking about her wedding and her weight loss.

SHE is the reason why MANY MANY people stopped watching the "View" altogether.

Reminds me of Omagrossa.xThe same "Im a victim of the injustice here" attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    The contract was not renewed because the RATINGS plummeted after Star couldn't stop talking about her wedding and her weight loss.

SHE is the reason why MANY MANY people stopped watching the "View" altogether.

Reminds me of Omagrossa.xThe same "Im a victim of the injustice here" attitude.
    It is all matter of taste of what one likes.... where as I have always been annoyed by Joy... to the point where she would be the reason I change the channel. Other people love her. I don't.

Also, I recall the comment was that the ratings had not plummeted. It was ABC's "focus groups" or something to that nature, had not liked Star.

Not everyone has the same opinion about who they like and don't like.
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-02-2006 at 11:50 AM. Reason: removed personal comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    How did Barbara go to bat for her, do you think? I can't believe that one. As I've said more than once, Barbara was the one to decide who stays and who goes.

Tell me about the lie. I missed that.

I'm sure that many are for her, just as many are against her. I personally don't care one way or the other except I hate to see either of them made out to be saint or sinner. They are both at fault, and both have some gripes coming.
    On LKL one minute Star said:

I'm telling you that I was told on April 21st that my contract was not going to be renewed, and I was told four days later, five days later, on the Wednesday, the day before I was to leave for the Emmys, that Rosie was going to become our new co-host. "

And then not even 2 minutes later she said:

"Well, I was so shocked at the sort of viciousness of it, I didn't even have time to regroup, because what I later found out, sitting in my seat at the Emmy Awards, that the same week that Rosie went on that attack, Barbara called her and invited her to be a co-host of "The View." I literally sat there in shock. Now, mind you, within minutes, I had to have a smile on my face and walk across the stage of the Daytime Emmys and make a presentation. That all happened within the same week. "

Bold faced lie!

In regards to BW going to bat for her, ABC wanted this whole thing done in, I think they said November, but BW wanted Star to save face and find something else and announce it so people didn't know that ABC wanted rid of her because her ratings were so poor and her image was so poor. So BW cared enough about her to let her save face. Then Star goes and spins this story to try to make BW look bad.

Believe me, I am not a BW fan and I have to say that Star was my fav on the view until about 2 years or so ago. Unfortunately, star started believing her own PR and thought she was the be all end all and quickly turned into someone whom I could not believe, root for or stand!

babydollbrat wrote:
    Bold faced lie!
    Yep... she also claims that she woke up that Tuesday and decided to announce her departure on the show, because of the "tabloids outside". Yet she had already given the interview to People, or it couldn't have appeared on the stands shortly thereafter.

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Yep... she also claims that she woke up that Tuesday and decided to announce her departure on the show, because of the "tabloids outside". Yet she had already given the interview to People, or it couldn't have appeared on the stands shortly thereafter.

Hmmm.
    Well, on the today show she said the people magazine was not scheduled to be released until after her announcement that was scheduled for Thursday. She said when people found out she made the announcement Tuesday they immediately put up a blurb from the interview on the web to promote the interview. She said People decided to do that. She told Al Roker he could check with People and they would tell him that the article was supposed to come out after the announcement which was supposed to take place Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Well, on the today show she said the people magazine was not scheduled to be released until after her announcement that was scheduled for Thursday. She said when people found out she made the announcement Tuesday they immediately put up a blurb from the interview on the web to promote the interview. She said People decided to do that. She told Al Roker he could check with People and they would tell him that the article was supposed to come out after the announcement which was supposed to take place Thursday.

You are right that is what she said, and I do believe her. They set out to destroy Star and it end up a mess. If in November they had let her go this would not be happening. They lied to her and she just got feed up and end it all. She is a lawyer I'm sure she had money save so she will be alright.

BABYDOLL if you had listen to the interview you would have heard she said that they same week she was told her contract was up, Barbara called Rosie to join the view. It was not at the emmys she was talking about, if I am correct when Star was told on the 21st of April she will be leaving it was that same week Barbara call Rosie.

If I also remembered correctly Star found out about the call at the emmys like all of us when Barbara announce it live on stage, she Star did not know this until that time. So she did not lie. The emmys were late April so she would be right about it all. I erase my tape so I can't go back and watch and verify for you sorry.

+ Reply to Thread