+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3290686;
    Am I the only one who doesn't really care for Liza Minelli's singing? I, honestly, don't get why people rave over her vocal stylings. Her vibrato really bothers me. To me, she sounds like somebody is trying to shake her gizzard out! What is everybody hearing and appreciating that I am not?
    You aren't the only one. I've never cared for her voice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3290726;
    You aren't the only one. I've never cared for her voice either.

LM is in her mid 60's (gotta be), I think her singing style was suited for broadway, 40 years ago. Her mom, JG, had a much better voice.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3290993;
    LM is in her mid 60's (gotta be), I think her singing style was suited for broadway, 40 years ago. Her mom, JG, had a much better voice.
    When I read your post my thought was "surely older than mid 60's" so I googled and she is only 62! It just seems like she has been around for ever. I have never been that big a fan of hers and didn't care all that much for her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3291081;
    When I read your post my thought was "surely older than mid 60's" so I googled and she is only 62! It just seems like she has been around for ever. I have never been that big a fan of hers and didn't care all that much for her mother.
    That surprised me too. It does seem like she's been around forever doesn't it? I was thinking today that she really looks good for her age, but I guess she isn't as old as I thought.

I could never understand the fascination over Liza and even her mom.

I know I would never pay to go see her do a show but to each his/her own. Just not my cup of tea.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I'm one of those fanatics that LOVE Liza! I find her very entertaining, but not as much as when she was younger. I LOVED a younger Judy Garland.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love The Wizard of Oz, but that's the only Garland thing that ever really worked for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So is Elisabeth pregnant or not because she is sure looking that way.

When is the next sweeps week? Perhaps they're waiting until then to announce it thinking a special announcement will bring in the viewers.
    Perhaps she's not pregnant at all. I happen to think she is. She's so slender that the smallest bump shows and there were a couple of outfits last week where she looked to be sporting a little stomach bump that isn't normally there.

I was very pleased that they made a bit of time to mention Sherri's movie today. It was the most lauded movie at Sundance this year, winning three awards.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3292240;
    When is the next sweeps week? Perhaps they're waiting until then to announce it thinking a special announcement will bring in the viewers.
    Perhaps she's not pregnant at all. I happen to think she is. She's so slender that the smallest bump shows and there were a couple of outfits last week where she looked to be sporting a little stomach bump that isn't normally there.

I was very pleased that they made a bit of time to mention Sherri's movie today. It was the most lauded movie at Sundance this year, winning three awards.
    The next sweeps won't happen until March this year. They pushed it back because of the digital conversion that isn't happening in Feb now. If we're all thinking that she's showing a bit now, I can't imagine that they'd think she could hide it for another full month. But it would make sense to me that with losing two grandparents back to back, that she'd want to extend the privacy of not announcing a pregnancy for as long as she could.

+ Reply to Thread