+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1306Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3286633;
    You summed up my thoughts very nicely. That's how I felt too.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

I will add - not to open a can of worms, but just because it was a perfect illustration of a discussion we've had before -- my perception of that discussion is to me the definition of what is meant by elitism when it is discussed. I know when that term is thrown around, it's often interpreted to mean a commentary on education, etc. But for me, it means exactly what we saw yesterday -- people who fancy themselves as in-the-know pontificating on the thoughts of a group of people, not even bothering to ask people in that group what they actually think, but rather telling them what the "elite" believe that they think.

You can actually play a drinking game with this show if you wanted to, using the amount of times Barbara says, "Can I just say one thing?" Drives me crazy!! And I agree that it's obvious that it drives Whoopi crazy too, if her facial expressions are any indication.

I don't know when I've been more irritated though as when Barbara went off on her coy little speech to Ron Howard about how SHE had also had an interview with Nixon and he had admitted to HER that he wished that he'd destroyed the tapes. Her whining about why no one had made a movie about her was almost embarrassing to watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3287138;
    You can actually play a drinking game with this show if you wanted to, using the amount of times Barbara says, "Can I just say one thing?" Drives me crazy!! And I agree that it's obvious that it drives Whoopi crazy too, if her facial expressions are any indication.

I don't know when I've been more irritated though as when Barbara went off on her coy little speech to Ron Howard about how SHE had also had an interview with Nixon and he had admitted to HER that he wished that he'd destroyed the tapes. Her whining about why no one had made a movie about her was almost embarrassing to watch.
    Don't you wish that the other women would get int he habit of all in unison saying "NO" everytime that Barbara says "Can I just say one thing?" I think it would be highly entertaining.

I loved the way that Whoopi dealt with the elephant in the room yesterday when discussing the Oscars, and mentioned that she used to live with Frank Langella. The best part was Elisabeth surprised saying "you did?" That just shows how truly private Whoopi is about her private life.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3287147;
    Don't you wish that the other women would get int he habit of all in unison saying "NO" everytime that Barbara says "Can I just say one thing?" I think it would be highly entertaining.

I loved the way that Whoopi dealt with the elephant in the room yesterday when discussing the Oscars, and mentioned that she used to live with Frank Langella. The best part was Elisabeth surprised saying "you did?" That just shows how truly private Whoopi is about her private life.
    That's one of the reasons why I have so much respect for Whoopi. I have to admit that I wasn't aware of her past relationship with him either until I read something about it on FORT. Probably this thread.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As much as I don't enjoy celebs, I did know that Whoopi had been involved with Frank Langella. I got the super-giggles when she finally said something about it yesterday, since I had been wondering why no one had said anything about it before. His name has come up several times in the past. It reminded me of a group of my girlfriends sitting around talking, and what we would have said when she finally talked about the subject. Oh hell,....we would have said something waaay before yesterday, and all been cracking up about it! I have those "take no prisoners" kinds of friends. We can be real with each other.

I guess that's what comes from going to an all-girls school!

OK, close your eyes and imagine Babs in a bathing suit!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-23-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

It's gotten to the point where I try and fast-forward on Barbara, but the problem is if I also cut off other people speaking. She is SO tedious.

I only caught a couple minutes, but I am loving Mickey Rourke.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can get into Mickey's acting but, as a guest on a show, I think he's a snooze.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, from my viewpoint, he livens up the regular snoozefest that is this show.

I caught Mickey Rourke on the Today Show this morning and thought he looked terrible, but he seemed to look better on the View. Maybe the early morning hour wasn't good for him. I thought his interview was okay. I've never been that much of a fan of his and him being out of sight for the last however many years didn't help that. The white streaks in his hair made him look like he lives with a bunch of very messy birds!

I have to admit that the movie looks interesting and seems to parallel his life to a certain extent.

+ Reply to Thread